Are you a Financial leader looking to use your professional experience in a fast-moving, high-tech, defense company? Do you have the entrepreneurial mindset to solve problems with big-picture thinking? Are you more than a number cruncher? If you answered "yes" to these questions, Berry Aviation Inc. (BAI) may be the place for you.
About Berry Aviation Inc. (BAI)
Berry Aviation, Inc. (BAI), an Acorn Growth Company, is a trusted leader in specialty aviation with a portfolio of services that includes FAA approved airline operations, maintenance/repair/overhaul, and aircraft parts distribution. BAI has grown into a dynamic, customer-focused company with the knowledge, experience and manpower to operate on short notice and in austere expeditionary environments. Our focus on customer mission has led to a number of airline industry firsts while maintaining an exemplary safety record and enviable operational readiness. Our customers include the United States Department of Defense, North American heavy manufacturers, and airlines around the world.
We are experiencing continued success and growth as BAI is always expanding our operations into new markets. BAI is a privately held certified small business employing approximately 300+ employees. Today the corporate headquarters that oversees the worldwide operation is located at the San Marcos Municipal Airport (KHYI) 1807 Airport Drive San Marcos, TX 78666.
Berry Aviation Inc. (BAI) is looking for an experienced Chief Financial Officer to join our team and contribute directly to team success and company growth. The ideal candidate will have a sharp business mind and a proven ability to strategize and implement high-level program initiatives, provide direction, analysis and recommendations to management, shareholders and other stakeholders to enable the team to make educated economic decisions about the company's future all while being involved with the details of the day-to-day business.
- Provide financial leadership to management team
- Ensure that accurate and timely financial reports and analyses are provided as required by management, the president and firm's partners
- Provide reliable forecasts of sales, profits and cash flows for the company
- Ensure that financial controls are designed, implemented and maintained to protect assets of the company
- Ensure the operating and financial practices are in compliance with state and federal government regulations as well as terms of client contracts
- As a leader, will coordinate the administrative, business planning, accounting, and financial and budgeting process
- Establish and implement short and long range departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
- Manage financial audits with external auditors and ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting to banks to maintain compliance with credit agreements.
- Ongoing analysis of cash flow, cash management / treasury, cost controls, expenses and financial statements to provide insight, guidance and actionable areas for improvement of the business to management.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, employee expense reports, payroll processing and payroll tax reporting and compliance.
- Ensure efficient and timely close of monthly and annual financials by overseeing and coordinating the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports
- Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, expenditures, department budgets, compensation changes, G/L account entry and maintenance
- Implement and maintain process, procedures and system for customer credit, review and collections.
- Ensure tax compliance and the accurate and timely completion of all tax returns and work with external tax advisors to review and implement strategies to minimize taxes while maintaining compliance with tax codes and regulations
- Lead our ERP and Technology strategy (IT will report to this role)
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- B.S. in Finance or Accounting with MBA a plus
- 10-15 years of financial management level positions
- Experience in all aspects of acquisitions: due diligence, financing, post-acquisition integration
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Experience with relevant laws, regulations, terms and conditions, and policies for government contracts including FAR, DFAR, TINA and CAS.
- Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) experience and knowledge.
- Financial modeling and cost accounting
- Proficient with Excel
- Execute and maintain a leadership style within the accounting, finance and operations areas that is "service oriented" in providing information to other areas within the organization
- Consultative approach with strong listening skills
- Ability to build consensus with all levels of management, particularly with CEO/President
- Strong ability to bring financial information and operational metrics together to help increase sales, profits and cash flow
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Coaching and Mentoring skills
- Service mentality
- Comfortable leading as an influencer in a multi-level organization
- Consensus style management
- Personal and professional integrity
- Intellectual integrity, committed to discussing issues and solutions openly
- Strong social and management skills
- Corporate Culture Attributes
- Commitment to long term growth of value
- Customer focus
- Employee morale enhancement
- Quick and fact-based decision making
- Operational focus
- Compensation and Benefits Acumen
- rticipation in Competitive Management Bonus Plan
- Excellent Benefit Package
Berry Aviation, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. All conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all employees without discrimination or harassment because of race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, special disabled veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. The Company will comply fully with all applicable state or local fair employment laws that forbid discrimination or harassment on the basis of other protected characteristics.