CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Do you have a passion for leading efficient financial operations and driving improvements? Are you strong in strategic planning and financial company leadership? Is the key role as the chief financial strategist exciting to you, and can you build trusted and long-term relationships with all levels of company personnel?
Roberts Oxygen Company, Inc., the leading East Coast distributor of industrial, medical, and specialty gases with 50 locations has the opportunity for you. We are a 53 year old financially strong and growing company.
Are you our Match?
The ideal person will have proven experience serving as a Chief Financial Officer. You will have provided strategic business direction, financial, and systems leadership to Executive Management and multi state Management Teams. Your experience includes leadership in all the financial operation and knowledge of the business, including leading the development of the annual and long-term budgets/forecasts. And your analysis and recommendations on the financial impact of operational and strategic initiatives of the company will help increase profitability.
Responsibilities and requirements will include but are not limited to:
- Oversees all financial and administrative functions including accounting, budget, credit, insurance, risk management, tax, and treasury.
- Manages all financial aspects of the annual budgets and annual financial updates that support the company's short term and long term plans.
- Works closely with Senior Management and their Branch Management Teams to better understand historical financial results, trends, and validate modeling to support each region, branch, and the global company financial analysis and planning.
- Reports and analyzes financial and operating metrics, such as gross margin, pricing analysis, customer and segmentation profitability, capital expenditures, operating expenses, asset utilization, etc.
- Leads the process for due diligence and analysis of potential mergers, acquisitions and investments.
- Reviews and ensures the accuracy of all monthly financialreports.
- Responsible for tax planning and compliance with federal, state, local corporate income, sales and use, payroll, and other taxes.
- Evaluates and develops effective internal processes and financial controls of the company; including financial controls over branch locations.
- Plays a key role in developing and managing a comprehensive change management strategy that effectively and innovatively prepares the company for systems, process, and technology changes.
- A crucial contributor in evaluating and guiding company-wide financial, process, and technology projects.
- Leads, manages, mentors, and develops all direct reports.
- Inspires and communicates company, departmental, and individual goals to optimize the company and each employee's performance and contribution.
- Takes a leadership role to ensure that key company functions – Sales, Operations, Finance, Branch Management, and HR - are leveraged effectively to optimize business performance.
- A significant facilitator in leading discussions to define a set of corporate wide goals, objectives, and success metrics.
- A bachelor's degree and CPA/advanced degree are preferred.
- At least 15 years of experience in a related industry with 10 years of experience as a CFO or Senior Financial Leadership Executive in a progressive, best practices environment.
- Proven experience in leading strategic planning and managing complex projects with aggressive deadlines.
- Strong professional presence and ability to effectively partner with senior leadership.
What's in it for you?
Roberts Oxygen offers a positive, respectful, and customer service oriented work environment with opportunities for training and development, competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer.