One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Rockford Center is seeking a dynamic and talented CFO. As Delaware’s first private psychiatric facility, Rockford Center has expanded the scope and breadth of its services since opening its doors in 1974. Our mental health center has grown from a 55-bed residential psychiatric hospital for individuals with sub-acute psychiatric disorders, to a 118-bed facility that provides easy access to a full complement of inpatient behavioral healthcare and partial hospital programs for children and adolescents, adults and older adults.
To learn more please visit:
Chief Financial Officer Rockford Center
The ideal CFO will have extensive experience in Hospital Facility and Outpatient Healthcare Financials preferably in a behavioral health setting. This position is a member of the hospitals leadership team. Providing financial leadership and day to day financial management. Including oversight of business office operations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general accounting, general ledger, monthly close, yearly close, financialreporting, budget preparation and FTE management.
- Monitor and control accounts receivables. Closely oversees Business Office functions to ensure cash collection goals are met, and net revenue is properly stated.
- Improve the profitability of the hospital. Continually monitor costs in all areas, especially staffing as it relates to patient volume.
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures within generally accepted accounting principles and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduced hospital operating costs, and increased revenues.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, financial packages, and other informational reports/analysis
- Provide reconciliations, account analysis, and other information for Reimbursement Department, Tax Department, Auditors, etc., to aid in preparation of reports.
- Prepare annual budgetin conjunction with UHS standards. In cooperation with management and department heads, reviews prior financial results and discusses anticipated changes to highlight future needs and trends of the facility.
- Minimum of 5years of experience in a financial leadership role in a healthcare setting, behavioral health strongly preferred.
- Minimum education requirement of a Bachelor's degree, Master's degreepreferred
- Proven record of success improving the profitability of a hospital by continually monitoring costs in all areas, especially staffing as it relates to patient volume.
- At least 5years of experience overseeing the Business Office functions to ensure cash collection goals are met, and net revenue is properly stated.
This opportunity offers the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and Development Opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Relocation benefits
- Bonus opportunity
- UHS Stock Options opportunity
- UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
- UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.