Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will be a key, objective source of advice and counsel to the CEO. The CFO will be the primary person responsible for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial and accounting activities of the company. The CEO and other stakeholders will look to the CFO to dictate financial and accounting strategy and execution at all levels of the business ? both domestic and international. This will be a hands-on role integrated into the day-to-day business including direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, deal analysis and negotiations, and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing. The CFO protects the company from financialrisk, ensures that reporting is legal and accurate and drives initiatives to improve costs. He/She keeps fiscal activity aligned with the goals of the organization and provides cost-benefit analysis to projects and strategies.
? Quickly learn the details of the company's existing financial, accounting, and fundraising strategies, and develop specific strategies to manage & improve all functions into the future.
? Develop strategies for the business?financial future through directing the organization?s fiscal functions, planning funding for all business strategies, advising on business strategies, and continually improving the Finance organization.
? Oversee and assume primary responsibility for all financial actions of the company, including overseeing contract negotiations, maintaining banking relationships, minimizing the effects of foreign exchange and optimizing the business?s financial position.
? Lead the Controller and outside accounting advisers to ensure the company's books and records are consistently accurate and up to date. Get intimately familiar with details and accounting procedures where necessary.
? Develop consensus to drive business outcomes in the international markets the company operates in
? Manage the communication of financial information through overseeing annual and quarterly reports for external stakeholders and ensuring that internal managers have accurate information on the business?s financial strategies.
? Protect company from financialrisk through ensuring that systems are in place to ensure it complies with regulations from auditors and government agencies, and develop internal controls to safeguard financial assets of company.
? Ensure adequate funding is in place to meet organization?s needs through monitoring balances, forecasts, and projections of cash flow.
? Maintain relationships of trust and credibility through candid and timely financialreporting to the stakeholders
CORE COMPETENCIES TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to build consensus amongst cross-functional teams
- Ability to build relationships & work closely with teams
- Demonstrated initiative and results orientation
- Ability to plan and organize, strong attention to detail
- Strategic thinking ability and mindset
- Coaching & mentoring skillset
- Proven track record of managing the finance and accounting functions for fast growing companies
- Proven track record of originating and closing equity deals, and have a long list of potential financing sources willing to take his/her call
- Proven track record of working with debt providers to source construction debt or other lines of credit backed by company assets
- Proven ability to stretch company funding by knowing which expenses to cut without harming the business
- BS/BA from an accredited college or university, MBA preferred
- At least 5-10 years?experience of progressively greater responsibility with start-up businesses
- At least 5?10 years? senior leadership experience in a Finance organization
- Experienceworking with executive teams
- International business experience in developing countries
- Experienceworking withinternational teams of various cultures
- High level of written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate complex financial information clearly to a layperson audience
- Skill with Microsoft Office programs (especially Excel)
- Experience acting as a financial controller
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP
- Must be willing to travel extensively to developing nations where the company does business