The incumbent in this position is responsible for overseeing the financial strategy, forecasting, audits, safeguarding of assets, risk management, treasury functions, operational activities and strategy, business objectives, and organization of an independent corporation. The incumbent works with senior executives and the Board of Directors to establish financial, accounting and strategic business goals for the organization to meet specific business objectives. This position is responsible for management, legal, tax, financial compliance, Board of Directors and securityreporting requirements. The CFO advises CEO on the development, implementation and management of the company's financial, risk management, information technology, material handling and human resources functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads and manages the organization's financialrisk assessment, asset management, daily operations, capital budgets, and financing issues. Ensures business and financial strategies remain aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Develops, recommends and implements sound cash management, banking and legal relationships and investment strategies designed to ensure the financial viability of the organization.
- Establishes effective internal systems and controls that verify the integrity of all financial systems, processes, data and reporting. Ensures systems and controls are appropriately developed, tested, implemented, updated and maintained.
- Drives and monitors application and utilization of internal controls and risk management and problem resolution processes. Leads adoption of accounting and finance policies and procedures organization-wide and ensures acceptance of accountability by the accounting and finance teams.
- Ensures all finance, tax and accounting operations policies, practices, and procedures remain in compliance with GAAP, IRS, or government accounting standards and all applicable federal and state requirements.
- Provides oversight and direction for preparation of all materials for financialaudits. Prepares thorough analysis of auditors' reports; develops, recommends and implements action plans designed to ensure deficiencies are corrected and develops recommendations for procedural improvements. Ensures account reconciliations and supporting documentation are maintained for all activities.
- Directs the timely preparation and dissemination of thorough, accurate and timely financial management reports, including income statements, balance sheets, reports to Board of Directors, tax returns, and reports to government regulatory agencies.
- Oversees vendor relationships. Negotiates and/or reviews financial impact of all organization leases and contracts. Provides CEO and members of the Executive Team with analysis and recommendations for contract terms and conditions.
- Manages company Stock Option Plans, including transactions of the plan, reporting, and accounting disclosures. Maintains detailed corporate records and listings for all equity types and shareholders.
- Leads and manages procedures for the identification and selection of group health, liability and directors and officer's insurance coverages.
- Acts as primary internal source for legal review of contracts and agreements. Interfaces and directs outside counsels' review and participation as deemed necessary.
- Oversees operations that include production, material control, information technology and customer care.
- Works closely with Director of Human Resources in conducting and/or analyzing: employee benefit programs, annual reviews, identification of salary positions/grades, hiring practices, employee manuals, government compliance reporting, etc.
- Responsible for preparation, review and timely submission of all state and federal taxreporting and tax return requirements.
- Serves as Trustee to the corporation's 401K Plans. Conducts meetings and analyzes plans in accordance with fiduciary requirements.
- CFO, Secretary and Treasury Officer for corporation and all Board of Directors regular and committee meetings.
CORE COMPETENCIES / KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to communicate effectively to a broad range of people on complex topics.
- A strong sense of integrity.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of the business.
- Anticipates opportunities and threats.
- Possesses excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to set vision and strategy, understand the business, and build and inspire teams for success.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degreerequired; Master's degree in Business preferred.
- Finance background required.
- CPA certificate obtained while working for major accounting firm or multiple years of being audited by major national or regional firm, preferred.
- Minimum of 20 years in financial executive leadership role.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry, with experience in medical devicespreferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of operational experience overseeing support departments.
- Experience as CFO of a publicly traded company is preferred.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time on airplanes and other modes of transportation.
Regenesis offers competitive pay, bonus plan, stock plan, health insurance benefits, matching 401k, relocation assistance, and a generous paid time off plan.
Regenesis Biomedical is an Equal Opportunity Employer