Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Top 5 Must Haves for the Ideal Candidate:
1. Must have experience with an inventory driven company with high value manufactured parts. The Company is a high value and complex inventory intensive business and the CFO will be key in managing inventory to reduce working capital requirements and increase inventory turns.
2. Minimum of 10 year’s strong financeexperience (at least 5 years in a significant leadership and responsibility position). Minimum of 5 year’s financial leadership, ideally at the CFO level, in a manufactured products or services business.
- Experience managing a standalone company’s treasury function, banking relations, and projecting its cash flows.
4. Analytical skills - Able to frame, process, and solve problems. Able to breakdown, revise, and improve processes to deliver outcomes and overcome obstacles or changes in existing processes. Able to develop financial models to analyze potential outcomes and maximize corporate performance.
5. Ability to relocate to company’s headquarters located outside of Montgomery, Alabama.
The Company is a premier independent supplier of refurbished turbine engines and refurbished engine parts for turbo prop airplanes. They provide engines, components, and full documentation to domestic and international customers covering the most popular engine models in the industry. They repair and overhaul engines for customers and sell engines on an outright or exchange basis.
· Excellent people and leadership skills with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
· Be results focused and have strong analytical skills.
· Have the ability to effectively communicate and execute the plan.
· Be a team player whose personal goals are ultimately achieved through the success of the organization.
· Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
· Right temperament and capability in working withauditors and financial institutions.
· Financial Planning & Analysis - Have responsibility for all strategic and tactical matters relating to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs, and the securing of new funding. Establish a thorough financial planning and analysis process that will enable the Executive Team to analyze company performance and to develop financial plans to support the overall business strategy. Develop matrices that enable timely comparison of critical factors vs. actual performance.
· Financial Reporting - Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization. Manage the preparation of the financial statements in accordance with US GAAP. Present a comprehensive reporting package to the Board of Directors including a financial dashboard.
· Strategy – Work closely with and advise the CEO on financial and strategic matters. Directly participate in developing strategy as part of the Executive Team and assist in performing tasks necessary to achieve the organization's objectives. Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decisions involving evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions and/ or mergers.
· Corporate Development - Support both organic growth and potential acquisitions. Work closely with the CEO and Board of Directors to assist in analyzing potential acquisition targets to evaluate their strategic fit with the Company and support the due diligence process. Perform post-merger integration by integrating the accounting, financial, and information systems of any acquisitions into the Company’s systems.
· Corporate Accounting – Have responsibility for leading and managing the Company’s finance and accounting, finance related information technology and human resources functions. Manage the month end close and establish processes to complete in 20 business days.
· Operational Accounting - Manage accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, and inventory. Coordinate efforts with Controller to continuously improve working capital as a percent of sales.
· Capital Management - Maintain and build relationships with lenders and otherfinancial partners. Manage the company’s treasury function, banking relations, and project cash flows to ensure all covenants and other criteria are met. Determine capital requirements to support continued corporate growth.
· Benefits - Ensure the Company’s benefits programs are being properly administered and in full compliance with state and federal guidelines. Manage benefit costs and ensure the benefits package is competitive.
· Information Systems - Maintain and upgrade, as appropriate, the existing ERP and other information systems. Ensure the network is both reliable and cost effective.
Location & Compensation:
A significant compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate including a base salary, performance-based bonus, and an equitycompensation component with the opportunity to buy-in additional equity. The company is located outside of Montgomery, Alabama.