Industry: Financial Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 318 days ago
Position Chief Financial Officer
Company True North Federal Credit Union
Location Juneau, AK
Reporting Relationship Chief Executive Officer
True North is a leading Alaska Credit Union offering a range of financial solutions including accounts, mortgages, home equityloans, auto loans, personal loans and more. True North embraces the credit union philosophy of “people helping people,” serving as a community credit union focused on the well-being of people in Juneau, Fairbanks, Anchorage and other parts of Alaska. At True North Federal Credit Union, we're committed to providing valuable financial products and services to our members and treating them with the respect they deserve. Since 1948, we've been supporting individuals and businesses in Alaska with the right financial solutions and delivering technology that allows business to be conducted thousands of miles apart.
To direct the financial affairs of the Credit Union; to establish major economic and financial objectives and policies for the Credit Union. This position supervises a variety of technical accounting duties in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and NCUA regulations
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Oversees budgeting, ALM, audit, NCUA exams, accounting and purchasing activities; prepares financialreports and ensures complete and accurate reporting; directs investment activities and policy
• Directs activities of the departments for which responsible in accordance with Credit Union Policy and objectives; ensures availability of competent, qualified personnel for key positions within the Credit Union; performs or ensures performance of appropriate staff performance management. Overseas back end administration of the Credit Union's debit and credit card programs
• Assists CEO in preparing short and long-range plans; leads projects as appropriate to implement those plans; establishes a budget for accounting department and ensures that budgeted goals are achieved and cost objectives are met.
• Analyzes financialstatistics and trends; reports on trends and observations to CEO; makes recommendations based upon analysis.
• Assures compliance with existing and new regulation and laws impacting the financial management of the Credit Union.
• Represents the Credit Union to the public, in community events, trade shows, and other Public Relations events. Build relationships and find opportunities for the Credit Union to form strategic partnerships that forward its strategic initiatives.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
• Five years to ten years of similar or related experience
• Requires a degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting
• The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
• Excellent analytical skills, people skills, and self-direction are required. Must be proficient with PC accounting, spreadsheet, and word processing software. Background in bank data processing systems preferred.