Chief Financial Officer at a PE-Backed, High-Volume Manufacturing Company
Location: Indianapolis, IN
We have been retained by a leading private equity firm to identify the right CFO for one of their portfolio companies. The company is a middle market, high-volume manufacturing company that is well positioned for increased profitability and is poised to grow both organically and through acquisition with the leadership of the right CFO. Our private equity client partners with management to drive continued growth and value by creating a Board of Directors, strengthening the leadership team and sharpening strategy and execution.
- 15+ years of progressive financial management responsibility including strong operational experience in a manufacturing environment.
- A hands-on leadership approach in leveraging systems and processes in order to drive significant and profitable growth.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial systems and infrastructure, including developing financialreporting and internal controls in an organic and acquisitive growth environment; a strong deep-cost accounting experience is required.
- Experience as a plant controller is required; high-volume SKU experience is preferred.
- Experiencewith a big 4 accounting firm is a strongly preferred.
- Experience in a multi-channel and international distribution environment is preferred.
- Previous experience as a financial leader in a PE-backed environment with P&L responsibility is desired.
- A strong interpersonal skill set, an intellectual curiosity, a competitive nature, and a high-energy drive.
- An undergraduatedegree in business, finance or accounting; a CPA strongly preferred.
Reporting to the CEO, the CFO will be responsible for high-level strategic leadership as well as performing hands-on operational activities such as day-to-day accounting matters, financial modeling, forecasting, project/product profitability analysis, etc. Building a high-performance team, training, and development are key aspects of the position.
In addition to providing financial leadership, this individual will:
- Function as a strategic business partner and problem solver in acquisitive and organic environments.
- Be directly involved with the daily financial oversight and management of the company.
- Lead company culture, driving team engagement and communication.
- Help drive the performance, business planning and growth orientation of the business.
- Manage relationship with banks in a leveraged environment.
Relocation to Indianapolis, IN is required; National Search.