Providence is calling a Chief Financial Officer to our Home and Community Care division in Anchorage, Alaska.
This position plans, coordinates and supervises the financial, accounting and MIS activities to assure an effective and efficient operation. The CFO has direct responsibility for the financial activities of the facility, Medical Records, Business Office, Admissions, Accounts Payable, Finance, Information Services, Central Storeroom and Purchasing departments. This includes financial analysis and forecasting, budgeting, reimbursement and rate review and accounting systems and operations. The CFO serves as a member of the Leadership Team.
In this position, the Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for the following functions:
- Coordinate and monitor the financial operations of the Home and Community Care ministries to contribute to an effective and productive work environment.
- Assist ministry leaders in formulating policies and regulations in fiscal planning and finance.
- Coordinate the financial forecasting activities and procedures within the facility.
- Analyze and interpret monthly financial reports to appropriate leaders.
- Review monthly financial statements on a timely basis and researches any unreasonable variances that are discovered.
- Review all contract and provide recommendations to leaders from a financial standpoint.
- Establish and monitor the accounting operations of the facility to ensure that functions are performed according to established time frames.
- Review and administer internal controls to safeguard assets.
- Evaluate existing accounting systems, ensure facility staff are trained in the use of new systems and monitors systems' performance.
- Review current and new accounting documents which ensures the accurate and timely processing of accounting transactions.
- Direct the maintenance of the general ledger and all related activities necessary for the maintenance of the general ledger.
- Develop and coordinate the budget process for the facility to assure necessary and accurate information is provided to the ministry leaders.
- Direct the formulation of the annual operating capital budgets, which will reflect the goals, and/or objectives of the Health System.
- Prepare and submit a departmental budget according to an established schedule.
- Work with division and department managers to explain material variances.
- Review, analyze and coordinate the facility's third party cost reports and relevant information to enhance maximization of third party systems.
- Make recommendations to administration regarding schedules, which are appropriate considering rate review, public relations, reimbursement strategies and budgeting requirements.
- Remain current on rules/regulations of third party payers.
- Formulate strategies related to third party reimbursement mechanisms.
- Develop and complete an annual work plan of approved objectives.
- Direct the operational functions of Purchasing, Central Storeroom, Information Services, Medical Records, Business Office, Admissions and Finance Departments.
- Implement care/services that recognize age/diversity specific needs/issues of customers served.
- Complete Competency Plan for assigned job and department.
Above all, we are looking for a servant leader whose personal and professional background demonstrates a genuine passion for the mission and core values of Providence St. Joseph Health. You have a style that emphasizes openness, collaboration, visibility, and connectivity. A strong, confident, results-oriented, and decisive leader with the capacity to balance the big picture and strategic perspective with a focus on operations and the details of execution. You can articulate how your work improves healthcare delivery in the communities that we serve.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in accounting or a related field with specific experience in health care finance including third party reimbursement and financial analysis.
Preferred qualifications/experience include:
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field.
- Director level management experience.