Chief Financial Officer ( Healthcare )
This is an unparalleled opportunity for a Chief Financial Officer to work with senior leadership to develop and deliver an effective fiscal transformational plan for a long standing healthcare organization with annual revenues > $40 M. Must possess the fiscal analytical and strategic skills required to ensure financial stability in a continually changing healthcare climate. Ideal candidate will display a strong background in health-related financial management, 3rd party payers, Medicaid & Medicare, and State & Federal regulatory requirements. A Master?s degree in Accounting or related field is required.
General Position Description:
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of Easterseals Blake Foundation and Blake Holding Corporation in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the non-profit sector.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization?s fiscal function and performance.
- Set up and develop all financial policies, procedures and processes in order to meet corporate objectives, safeguard company assets, establish effective internal controls and ensure financialreporting in accordance with GAAP.
- Manage consolidated financialreporting and policies to enhance the agency?s data systems. Perform variance analyses, productivity and expense reports, costing analyses and allocation plans.
- Manage consolidated financialreporting and budgeting for the agency?s multiple programs and services.
- Ensure success of program funding by analyzing feasibility of program proposals. Work as part of team for federal, state and private grant funding.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the organization?s strategic plan.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financialreports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO and Board in performing their responsibilities.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process, working with Department Directors on financial issues impacting their budgets. Ensuring Directors? accountability for their Departments? fiscal performance.
- Optimize the handling of banking relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Evaluate the finance department structure and plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive leadership team.
- Ensure and maintain productive, professional and strong business relationships with collaborative organizations, vendors and contracting entities.
- Prepare financial statement analysis reports and present to the Board of Directors.
- Evaluate staff and workflow and make recommendations for improvement and efficiency.
- Review internal operations and ensure Internal Controls are in place to secure organization assets and guard against fraud, waste, or loss of grant funds.
- Monitor contracts, subcontracts, and other necessary agreements to ensure that the fiscal conditions of the contracts and agreements are satisfied.
- Maintain the Financial Policies manual in conjunction with the Finance or Audit Committee
- This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the controller and the indirect supervision of all employees in the accounting and finance department.
- Any other duties as assigned
Experience, Competencies and Education:
CORE COMPETENCIES: Accounting and Financial Management; Financial Analysis and Reporting; Business Planning and Analysis; Banking and Insurance Relations; Excellent Supervisory Skills; Expertise in various Accounting and Financial Systems.
- An experienced leader and financial executive with appropriate industry experience, in the non-profit and health/human services sectors.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to the Board.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains.
- MBA and CPA or JD; Ten to fifteen years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other general requirements:
- Clean criminal background check and must qualify for a Class A Fingerprint card.
- Qualified EBF employees must have held their current position with EBF for a least twelve (12) consecutive months and, have a satisfactory performance record and have no disciplinary actions during the last twelve (12) consecutive months