Habitat for Humanity of Sonoma County is Non-Profit Housing Developer providing a range of housing and human services. Habitat for Humanity of Sonoma County seeks a talented Chief Financial Officer ("CFO"). The CFO is responsible for all aspects of financial planning, accounting and execution, for a non-profit housing developer, including construction retail sales and human services.
The CFO reports to CEO. The CFO will direct his/her own internal staff including the Accounting Manager, Accounting Specialist, Payroll Administrator and any Volunteers working in the Finance Department and will also direct those responsible for producing annual Tax and other compliance documents, audits and reports.
The Ideal Candidate
- The CFO will establish strategy and vision to build the HFHSC financial structure and allocate all revenue and expenses appropriately. Working with the CEO, and senior management the CFO will set important financial goals for the organization and work systematically to meet them. The CFO will lead the design and implementation of tools and procedures for financial accounting and management of a non-profit housing developer/ builder and retail store(s).
- Core Responsibilities
- Present and report accurate and timely historical financial information, information which meets the needs and informs decision making by managers, CEO and Board
- Project and report cash and financial condition with the information meeting the needs and informs decision making by managers, CEO and Board
- Accurate analysis and projection of cost and revenue relating to current and proposed housing developments, programs and initiatives
- Identify financial weakness and opportunities and recommend options for improvements to decision makers
- Serve as internal consultant to the CEO, COO, Board, CDO, Human Resources and other key stakeholders on all financial matters, making recommendations and suggesting pro-active strategies to keep HFHSC on track
- Work in conjunction with the Homeowners Services Department to ensure the proper execution of financial procedures for all home loans and mortgages
- Provide oversight for and manage all budgets, forecasts and internal financial plans and processes
- Support accounting, general ledger and operations functions, ensuring that systems are in place to guarantee timeliness and accuracy
- Review short and long-term goals, considering existing and projected financial resources available
- Establish annual priorities and financial benchmarks and conduct regular reporting, measuring projections against actual performance
- Build relationships with banks, donors, vendors, outside consultants and others as needed to keep close to our major expenditures, sources of revenue and In-Kind donations
- Build a top-tier internal finance team by actively recruiting, training and developing talented accountants, analysts, consultants, auditors, tax planners and payroll staff, as needed
Key Credentials and Personal Qualities
- Degree in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred
- Experience with housing development and construction financials strongly preferred
- Experience with home loans and mortgages preferred
- 5 years' senior financial leadership experience
- 10 years' experience total accounting/finance experience
- Commitment to results; 'can-do" mindset; outstanding problem-solving ability
- Strong motivational and staff leadership abilities
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Sense of humor, integrity, and personal sense of accountability
- Knowledge of accounting and management software for housing development, construction, retail, and non-profits
- Experience with Office Suite and Dropbox strongly preferred
- Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use a computer both in the office and off-site. It is also required to sit in meetings, requiring concentration. The employees may also be required to stand while executing activities or behalf of the organization talk and hear extensively, both in person and using the telephone and occasionally lift and move items up to 25 lbs.
- Time Requirements: This is a full-time, exempt, 40 hours per week position. It may be necessary to occasionally work extra hours or some evenings and weekends, as determined by supervisor.
- Benefits: We offer full time employees Health, Dental and Life Insurance coverage, sick and vacation leave and all standard Holidays.
- EEO: Habitat for Humanity of Sonoma County is an equal opportunity employer. Habitat for Humanity of Sonoma County strives to reflect the diverse community it serves. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. *Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.