Chief Financial Officer
EMT International, Inc
Position Title: Chief Financial Officer Classification: Exempt
Reports to: President Date:
Supervises: Finance and IT Staff
Responsible for the planning, organizing and directing of the company?s overall accounting and financial plans and policies. Ensure that accounting and financial practices conform to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Participate in strategic and operational planning process. Prepare and monitor budgets and operational reports. Serve as a member of the Senior Leadership Team. May perform personally or through subordinate personnel the essential duties and responsibilities outlined below.
Commitment to EMT Values and 24 Habits:
Team member commits and agrees to demonstrate our core values of Passion, Accountability, Customer Service and Teamwork; as well ?The EMT International Way? and our 24 Habits which describe who we are and how will we work while at EMT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the CEO and President in establishing financial objectives.
- Collaborate with President and other management team members to develop and implement plans to meet short-term and long-term financial and operational goals.
- Direct financial activity of the organization to reflect company values and strategic goals
- Oversee and participate in preparation of financialreporting and analysis, tax, cash management, spending accounts, revenue tracking and budget controls as required. This includes collecting data, analyzing information, and preparing reports.
- Assist departments in establishing and monitoring dashboard reports and controls. Utilize information to make recommendations.
- Play an integral role in financialreporting, planning, and budgeting including analysis of operating results and reports significant findings to President.
- Assist the CEO and President in the evaluation of potential acquisitions and new product development.
- Manage cash flow and determine when and where to invest cash, when to pay debt, etc. to maximize return.
- Oversee collection of accounts receivable.
- Oversee and manage manufacturing cost accounting.
- Implement and/or upgrade ERP and other systems. Is a subject expert on the accounting software system and trains others in its? use.
- Supervise accounting, finance and IT employees.
- Recruit, interview, select, and train employees to proficiently perform the duties of their position. Communicate with staff regularly and seek input on issues affecting their areas of responsibility.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to select and monitor company insurance programs.
- Manage the bank relationship and reporting requirements.
- Interact with, and present to, the company's shareholders as necessary.
- Interface continuously with manufacturing/operations to identify and implement opportunities for improvement, efficiency and cost savings.
- Safeguard and account for financial and capital resources through establishing and monitoring programs for internal controls and general security.
- Consolidateinternational financial systems and processes.
- Implement cash management practices at foreign locations.
- Interface with both US and foreign audit firms
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Key Characteristics:
- CFO experience for a durable / capital goods manufacturing company, preferably in a discrete, custom production venue.
- Strong background with standard/job cost accounting.
- Strong background with inventoryvaluation.
- ERP and finance/accounting systems implementation and refinement experience.
- Strong financial, planning and analysis experience.
- Demonstrated budgeting, costing, estimating and reporting experience.
- Seasoned supervisor.
- Shareholder and bank relations and reporting experience
Required Experience, Education and Training:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPApreferred.
- 10 years of progressively responsibleexperience, including experience in the manufacturing industry, staff management and budgeting/ reporting.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
The above is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.