CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Food Production Industry
Seeking a Chief Financial Officer with Food Production Industry experience.
The Chief Financial Officer is accountable for the administrative and financial operations of the company, including such areas as financial planning and analysis, accounting, treasury and cash management, internal controls, IT, Human Resources, payroll, contract administration, insurance coverage's and other activities for the company.
The Chief Financial Officer is given a large amount of autonomy to develop the financial policy and direction of the organization and to make policy related decisions, and will provide leadership to both the finance of the organization, plant financial operations and for the entire company at all levels toward attainment of business objectives and must have excellent overall communication skills.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Ensure the Company's financial results are presented in a timely and accurate manner, with proactive commentary included to support decision making.
- Develop tools and systems to measure important financial and operational information, and drive performance metrics against both the annual budget and Company's long term strategy.
- Develop and monitor KPI tools tracking product costs, margins, yield, scrap and profitability and provide analytical insight to their impact on the business
- Build new and unique financial models and improve existing analytical tools that ultimately consolidate up into our total Company P&L.
- Manage all aspects of Accounting including, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory and the monthly closing process.
- Lead all finance functions, including treasury, tax, audit and information requirements for the Board.
- Serve as a principal financial liaison to legal counsel to ensure all contracts and agreements are prepared in accordance with financial goals and standards.
- Maintain and improve internal controls and financial procedures, and coordinate annual financialaudits and preparation of all tax returns and documentation.
- Safeguard the Company's assets and oversee the financial systems and routines to strengthen the control environment.
- Hire, train and mentor a high performing team.
- Establish employee objectives and developmental goals, maintain priorities, and assign accountabilities, and manage the performance and salary review process for your team.
- This position requires strong interpersonal, relationship and influencing skills to complement an entrepreneurial, opportunity driven culture which enhances financial planning, analysis and controls.
- Serve as a key member of the Executive Management team that operates within the overall objectives and budgets of the Company.
- Provide accurate appraisal, interpretation and analysis of financial results, while providing an accurate explanation and justification of budgets, forecasts and long-range plans.
- Manage the finance organization and the controls of the company to ensure the custody, maintenance and safeguarding of the company's assets.
- Assure adequate liquidity for continued operations and planned acquisitions.
- Assure timely and accurate financial reporting in compliance with GAAP and other regulatory, tax jurisdiction or lender requirements.
- Set overall guidelines and review for balance sheet elements so as to manage financialinvestment and risk,
- Highlight opportunities for cost/financial improvements and effectively provide both advocacy and progress tracking toward successful resolution,
- Assist in efforts to raise capital as needed.
- Manage signature obligations of the position including legal and contractual documents.
- Establish and manage credit policy and enforce collections, manage any securityrisks
- Management, oversight, and responsibility for the Human Resource and Payroll functions of the company
- IT System implementation experience. Sage products experiencepreferred, i.e. Business Works, X3.
- BS Degree; Accounting / Finance
- CPA certification and/or MBA preferred.
- Executive Finance experience with a minimum of $80MM in annual revenue in Food Production Manufacturing.
- Prior Food Company experience is required, in addition, must have an operational focus with strong experience with plant operations, cost accounting, inventory control and product pricing
- Experience as a Plant Controller running a plant preferred
- At least 10 years of experience, including at least 5 years of management experience, ideally gained in a reputable organization.
- Experience with capital acquisitions is a big plus.
- The ability to maintain trust and strong personal relationships despite potentially disagreeing on business decisions.
- Strong collaboration skills including the ability to map out joint processes with other departments and collectively develop improvements.
- The ability to understand cash management decisions and effectively communicate the decisions and their rationale to stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a quality finance team in terms of process integrity, improvement, and personnel leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated experience in handling complex financial topics
- Bi-lingual Spanish a plus
- Sage products experiencepreferred, i.e. Business Works, X3.