Are you a Senior Financial Leader in a Financial Institution interested in a new career opportunity? JK Executive Strategies has partnered with First Heritage Federal Credit Union in Corning, NY in identifying its new Chief Financial Officer. This organization is full of dedicated team members who value trust, respect, and gratitude. Are you somebody who is driven by a service-driven culture? Would you like to work in a team setting with endless collaboration opportunities? If so, this could be the perfect job for you!
This position is responsible for the oversite of a highly effective team of employees and has the important responsibility of coaching and developing each employee to his/her highest potential. The CFO will be responsible for ensuring that outstanding service is delivered to both internal and external partners. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Oversee and manage the financial and accounting functions of the Credit Union including: ALM, AP, AR, budgets, GL, financial analysis, financial reporting and investments.
- Develop and supervise Financial Analyst, Accounting Manager and the VP - Risk Management.
- Lead staff development, hiring, disciplinary actions, terminations and performance appraisals.
- Perform analysis of all major contract negotiations at renewal. Identify opportunities for contract pricing reductions.
- Reporting and communication of branch and product performance results.
- Develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures for the Finance, Accounting, and Risk Management departments.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and all required regulatory reports.
- Provide guidance regarding investment decisions and monitor Credit Union investments.
- Manage both short term and long term liquidity needs of the Credit Union.
- Assist in recommending and implementing strategic plan for the Credit Union.
- Provide financial assessments to management and Board.
- Participate in public relations and community activities.
- Excellent communication skills
- Financial institution experience at a Sr. Financial Management Level
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- BS plus a minimum of 10 years of related experience is required, MBA/CPA preferred.
"Our Family Helping Yours by effectively improving the financial well-being and lives of our members."
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.