National Hospitality Services LLC, (NHS) is a hotel management company dedicated to serving our guests, partners, owners, and employees an exceptional hotel experience. NHS is a Culture of Performance organization, merging mutual respect, love and affection for our guests, clients and employees with a passion for results where underperformance and excuses are not accepted.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the company in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the hospitality industry. Responsible for overseeing all fiscal activity including risk management, accounting activities, budgeting, and forecastingfinancial performance. They will work to plan and forecast the overall financial vision for the company to ensure productive financial operations and establish a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company's financial results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action to assist in the creation of a strategic financial plan
- Budget, forecast, and help oversee current and future investments and capital structures
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financialreports and financial trends to assist the President and Chief Operating Officer
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the senior executives as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges
- Assess financialrisks and work to minimize them, always staying abreast to any changes and communicating them appropriately
- Maintain and advance job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or financerequired; MBA preferred
- Previous working experience as a CFO in the Hospitality Industry required
- 10+ years accounting experience in a managerial position
- Hands-on experience with financialrisk management
- Results-driven personality eager to partner with upper management to organize, plan and achieve company financial goals
- Problem solver and critical thinker mindset
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Exceptional time management and ability to problem solve under pressure
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the related job market
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and accrual-based accounting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include, but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.