We have been retained by a leading private equity firm to identify the right CFO for one of their portfolio companies. The company is a middle market, outdoor consumer product manufacturer that is well positioned for increased profitability and poised to grow both organically and through acquisition with the leadership of the right CFO. Our private equity client partners with management to drive continued growth and value by creating a Board of Directors, strengthening the leadership team and sharpening strategy and execution.
- 15+ years of progressive financial management and 5+ years of financial management experience with responsibility for HR and IT.
- Significant experience in manufacturing companies; preference for assembly, light manufacturing, or inventory management background.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial systems and infrastructure; the ideal candidate will have costing, inventory management, and distribution accounting expertise.
- Previous experience as a financial leader in a PE-backed environment with P&L responsibility is required.
- An innate intellectual curiosity to continuously press for additional insight into the Company and its markets, and an ability to communicate confidently and articulately.
- Early career experience with a big 4 accounting firm is preferred.
- A strong interpersonal set.
- An undergraduatedegree in business, finance or accounting; a CPA or MBA preferred.
Reporting to the CEO, the CFO will be responsible for high-level strategic leadership as well as performing hands-on operational activities such as HR, IT, day-to-day accounting matters, financial modeling, forecasting, project/product profitability analysis, etc. Building a high-performance team, training, and development are key aspects of the position.
In addition to providing financial leadership, this individual will:
- Function as a strategic business partner and problem solver in acquisitive and organic environments.
- Intimately understand and effectively influence the operational and financial profit levers that drive the Company's performance.
- Fully optimize the Company's ERP to fully optimize the organization's cadence and adherence to metrics.
- Be directly involved with the daily financial oversight and management of the company.
- Lead company culture, driving team engagement, collaboration, and communication.
- Manage relationships with banks in a leveraged environment.