ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the planning, provision, and allocation of functional resources necessary to carry out the day-to-day operations of the Finance Division. These responsibilities are accomplished by establishing appropriate performance standards, qualifications and expectations. Responsible for the proper planning and allocation of resources under their control to include the preparation and monitoring of the annual operating budget and objectives consistent with Crete Area Medical Center’s strategic plan. All duties are performed consistent with Crete Area Medical Center’s standards and behaviors.
YOUR ROLE WOULD ENCOMPASS:
- Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
- Participates in and/or leads meetings, committees, strategic planning and lean projects as assigned.
- Serves as Service Excellence champion including implementation, competencies, and hardwiring of service excellence initiatives.
- Overseas formulations of division goals and objectives, plans and programs in alignment with the overall Medical Center goals and objectives, plans and programs; ensures plans and programs are properly executed and an effective feedback process is utilized which communicates the overall condition and trends in each area and all important activities affecting them.
- Oversees performance standards/metrics for each of the departments within the division and evaluates the performance against the standards; coaches and assists the managers in improving their planning and performance.
- Ensures consistent leadership among division managers and ensures unification within the division. Promotes effective communication, collaboration, quality, and efficiency between departments and managers within and outside the division.
- Provides leadership and oversight in service line growth and development in each department of the division.
- Oversees the departmental budgetary procedure to ensure proper operational and capital planning; appropriate and efficient use of resources; and consistent compliance to budgetary and fiscal controls.
- Responsible for hiring, training, supervising, coaching, mentoring, retaining and evaluating managers including professional development of the division managers.
- Keeps informed of current issues including new procedures, developments, and innovation. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Performs service excellence initiatives such as: AIDET, Key Words, Managing Up, 10/5 Rule, and Service Recovery when applicable.
- Performs Evidence Based Leadership Practices including; LEM goals, 90 day action plans, staff development, LDI participation and linkage grid assignment completion, utilizing the department meeting model, reward and recognition programs, thank you notes, performance evaluations and H/M/L conversations, and rounding on team members and patients (if applicable).
- Responsible for overall physician satisfaction results in the Finance division. Works with and through others to get positive organizational results.
- Responsible for the overall employee satisfaction results of the Finance division. Works with and through others to get positive organizational results.
- Responsible for the overall patient satisfaction results of the Finance division. Works with and through others to get positive organizational results.
- Understands the accounting and financialreporting regulations related to all governmental programs (CAH and RHC).
- Identifies appropriate internal controls for department and provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance and coordinates the annual audit, cost report preparation, and 990 preparation wit outside auditing firm as needed.
- Evaluates the clinic financial statements and operations (including physicians’ productivity reports and physicians’ employment contract) and prepares appropriate analysis.
- Develops and maintains the accounting system used in evaluating department costs and profitability and provides information as needed to make managerial decisions.
- Compiles information and performs comparative analysis to other hospitals and clinics; determines benchmarks to be used in evaluating processes and productivity throughout CAMC.
- Assists management in managing both productivity and volumes by providing summary and detailed statistical reports showing resource consumption and unit costs.
- Evaluates the financial feasibility of new or existing services and programs; accesses a wide variety of data bases and reports to prepare analytical reports and special studies.
- Evaluates and manages CAMC’s payer contractuals and advises the President and Board of Directors on material changes in contractual estimates or issues as needed.
- Ensures the format and structure of CAMC’s financial statements meet Bryan Health’s financial statements’ formatting requirements.
- Guarantees accurate and timely preparation of monthly financials for distribution to President, management of CAMC. Bryan Health, and CAMC Board of Directors.
- Develops a relationship with CAMC’s and Bryan Health’s auditing firms and ensures that our annual audits are performed appropriately and timely. Seeks to ensure our audit has no controllable adjustments entries.
- Leads measurement activities for the Journey to Excellence including LEM, patient satisfaction survey, BSC, etc.
- Grasps the concepts of the budgeting process and prepares both operating and capital budgets, including a statistical budget.
- Develops comprehensive and realistic annual budgets that reflect departmental needs based on external and internal data.
- Demonstrates competency in Medicare, Medicaid and other third party insurance company billing requirements.
- Understands the Critical Access Hospital program including cost reporting and its implications on operations and related decisions.
- Understands the Rural Health Clinic program including cost reporting and its implications on operations and related decisions.
YOUR EXPERIENCE INCLUDES (PROVEN PERFORMANCE IN):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or equivalent experience – required
- Minimum of five years’ of progressive responsible work experience providing all aspects of accounting and budgeting functions – required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification – preferred
- Prior management experience – preferred.
Req # 15367