Reporting to the CEO, our client seeks a Chief Financial Officer. You'll be a strategic business partner and part of the Executive Team while directing the financial and operational affairs of this mid-sized healthcare services provider. In conjunction with the CEO and COO, you'll be key in executing on strategic plans with an eye towards meeting both short- and long-term objectives, and strategic growth opportunities.
A CPA, Insurance/Health Insurance/Health Care/Health Services/Hospital background backed up with strong operations and finance analytics experience is what is needed. An ability to develop, lead and execute on financial strategic plans is key. An ability to partner with the CEO and to effectively forward face the Board of Directors and other internal and external constituents and a track record of process improvement is also key.
Ou client is a New York metro area based, comprehensive, healthcare services provider serving the broad New York metro area elderly community. As one of the most established, recognizable brands in the space, this company serves over 3,000 participants through home based and on-site programs at 14 locations and offers the largest program of all-inclusive care services in the nation.
The Chief Financial Officer is an executive level management position responsible for providing strategic financial input to senior management and the board of directors. While keenly overseeing the overall accounting process, the CFO will play a key role in developing and implementing financial procedures to improve and maintain the financial health of the company.
• Execute the financial strategy of the company
• Plans and prepares for audits by public accounting firm, third part auditors, and other investigating parties
• Ensure full transparency over the financial performance of the company
• Provide advice on how to increase revenue and reduce costs
• Effectively and clearly communicate potential risks in a timely manner
• Propose action plans to ensure that annual financial objectives are attained
• Support the CEO with the preparation of monthly and annual financial board presentations
• Evaluates and recommends business partnering opportunities.
• All other duties as requested and assigned by CEO/COO
• Track financial Key Performance Indicators, analyze and report trends
• Ensure that the organization is prepared to effectively respond financially and administratively to NY State mandated changes in the provision of health and mental health services through managed care
• Oversees and directs accounting, payroll, treasury, financial planning, audit, tax, accounts payable, purchasing, business intelligence and insurance activities for the organization.
• Ensure legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions
• Develops, coordinates and maintains financial policies and procedures.
• Establishes, maintains and supervises Workday, ERP systems requirements.
• Ownership of the chart of accounts, GL, and all transactions
• MBA or Baccalaureate degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related field from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum of 10 years successful experience as a CFO, Controller, Comptroller, VP of Finance or Finance Director or similar position with significant responsibility for the financial, accounting and business affairs of an organization
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credential.
• Extensive experience with budgeting, forecasting, reporting, auditing and financial statement preparation and interpretation;
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex materials such as technical journals, financial reports, legislation and legal documents