Role: Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – Basic Fun
Reporting to: Chair of the Board (COB) and Chief Operating Officer (COO)
The CFO will be responsible for leading and directing day to day global financial operations as well as, developing and implementing long term financial planning, directing, and overseeing the company’s audit processes and supporting the company’s M&A activities. This position reports to the COB and COO.
The candidate should be a highly experienced, motivated, and personable individual that knows how to run the day to day financial operations of a growth oriented complex consumer products company with a global professional staff in excess of 140. The right candidate should be able to multitask, have strong organizational and communication skills, and be able to effectively manage a growing team. The CFO is expected to lead as well as assist with planning and execution across a variety of functions including the budgeting and forecasting processes, investor relations, treasury functions, and banking. Being able to organize and communicate with one voice in alignment with the board and executive management is a critical to the successful execution of the corporate strategy as well as directing the day to day of the business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the executive leadership team to drive company performance and reporting.
- Financial Management
- Provide oversight and strategic leadership over the full accounting cycle, managing the company’s global finance department and staff.
- Lead global tax compliance and work with external advisors to plan maximize efficiency.
- Establish and monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure risks are minimized.
- Responsible for the financial and internal controls oversight and compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Establish and monitor KPI’s to drive a culture of high-performance and accountability.
- Governance / Communication / Reporting
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to the Executive Management Committee (EMC), Board, and financial partners including weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting packages including but not limited to budget, forecast, A/R, A/P, cash flow.
- Serve as the primary contact for the company with financial partners including but not limited to investors, board members, financial and banking partners, and auditors.
- Participate in strategic planning process alongside senior management, EMC, and Board.
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation and prepare for the annual budget in consultation with the EMC.
- Lead 3rd party financing initiatives, supporting shareholders through interactions with merger/acquisition candidates, acquirers, and with sourcing capital.
- Key leader and participant in due diligence of prospective acquisition targets.
- Special Projects as determined by the EMC and Board.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant discipline, masters degree or MBA preferred.
- CPA designation
- Strong financial and accounting background, including significant experience as a senior financial leader
- Relevant experience leading corporate governance, investor relations and M&A activity
- Ability to analyze and understand issues quickly and make wise informed decisions.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively, inspiring confidence and creating trust in direct reports, peers, and superiors
- Working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to delegate and work under pressure and make those around you better
- VP Finance (US)
- VP Business Development (US)
- Financial Director (HK)
- Director Corporate Development (US)
Location and Travel
The position is based in the company’s home office in Boca Raton, Florida.
Travel is expected from time to time and may include as many as one trip per year to the company’s office in Hong Kong as well as to industry trade shows and various satellite offices in the US, Canada, Europe and others as may be necessary.