$200K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
The hospital CFO will be responsible for the financial viability of Greater El Monte Community Hospital by establishing and monitoring financial plans and budgets. This position will manage the financial affairs of the facility according to the business unit goals, sound business practices, corporate and facility policies and procedures according to the government regulatory requirements.
This position will ensure efficient utilization of resources in order to meet the needs of the organization and will maintain compliance with all federal, state, local and government agencies and accrediting bodies as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. The incumbent is responsible for complying with the CFO Accountability Policy (FI-01)
2. Responsible for the financial plans and accounting practices.
3. Responsible for maintaining confidential information.
4. Responsible for ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local laws
5. Responsible for ensuring the consistent application of all policies, procedures and programs.
6. Responsible for meeting all corporate budgetary and financial goals.
7. Responsible for ensuring efficient operation of the finance department.
8. Responsible for communicating financial information to corporate management in an efficient and accurate manner.
9. Responsible for interfacing with external agencies, physicians, and the community in an ethical manner.
10. Establishes and communicates clear objectives and goals for the staff of the business development department.
11. The incumbent develops the assigned departments operating budget with staff, monitors, analyses and implements controls to ensure that the departments operate within the budget guidelines.
12. This position hires, evaluates, develops, disciplines and terminates subordinate staff as appropriate to comply with hospital policy, applicable federal and state laws. The incumbent provides appropriate feedback to subordinate staff to motivate and ensure a positive morale in the unit.
13. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring development of staff.
14. This position establishes the functions and qualifications for positions within the business development department.
15. The incumbent develops staffing plans which assures cost-effective utilization of resources to meet the needs of the organization.
16. The incumbent will work with senior management to evaluate product line profitability, setting financial goals, and implementing procedures to maximize financial results of the operations.
17. Develops and implements operational indicators and monitors compliance with government regulations and internal policies and procedures, and communicates progress with corporate and the hospital's senior managers.
18. The incumbent will utilize outside resources as appropriate and act as a resource to ensure the process improvements are identified and implemented to address any areas of concern.
19. This position directs the overall financial plans and accounting practices of the hospital. Oversees financial and accounting system controls and standards and ensures timely financial and statistical reports for the corporate management team. It provides continuous monitoring of the programs, policies and procedures to ensure the profitability of the organization and compliance with changing federal, state and local laws.
20. This position is responsible for assuring the efficient operation of the finance department.
21. This position works with a multidisciplinary team including quality management, risk management, corporate management, contract management, systems to set organizational goals.
22. Strategic planning for organizational improvement will include recommendations for financial resources.
1. 3+ years hospital CFO
2. Minimum of 5 years experience in the healthcare industry
3. Minimum of 2 years experience in an executive management position
4. Must have a strong accounting background.
5. Must have knowledge of financial accounting systems.
6. Knowledge of federal, state and local healthcare regulations
7. Knowledge of HIPAA and privacy regulations
8. Possess excellent communication and negotiation skills
9. Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external resources
10. Must possess excellent human relation skills
11. Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and lead projects meeting objectives within the defined timelines
12. Ability to manage resources within budgetary guidelines
1. Bachelor's degree in finance or related field required.
2. CPA/MBA Preferred
Valid Through: 2019-10-14