Providence is calling a Chief Financial Officer- Acute Financial Operations to Providence St. Joseph Health in Torrance, CA.
The Chief Financial Officer will provide leadership and financial oversight to the finance organizations associated with the regional acute ministry, overseeing the acute ministry chief financial officers. The incumbent assists the Regional CFO with financial vision, strategies and policies. The incumbent provides financial guidance and direction; supporting business initiatives and financial performance to established targets; and meeting internal and external reporting obligations in a timely and accurate manner. A direct liaison for execution of key shared services initiatives, ensuring coordination between system, regional and local ministry resources and leadership teams.
In this position you will:
- Provide senior management or executive leadership and direction to financial professionals in Providence. Creates a culture consistent with Providence’s values.
- Manage assigned staff within processes established by Providence (to include selection, development, and discipline of staff when necessary.)
- A Key participant in regional finance leadership council meetings, being a vital financial leadership link between ongoing operations of acute ministries and the regional leadership, develops plans and policies to ensure effective ongoing financial management and operations.
- Establish and maintain financial systems to meet needs and requirements of Providence, as well as of the various individual entities in the system. Evaluates information system needs and applications on an ongoing basis.
- Assist system executives and other leadership in all financial oversight activities; participates in leadership meetings and on various committees, acting as a key leader on the monthly operating reviews of the ministries within the region.
- Work with internal and external teams to insure compliance with auditreports and recommendations, assisting as needed to meet targeted completion dates.
- Consult with other Finance leaders throughout the Region and Providence concerning financial affairs, financial vision, strategies, and policies.
- Partner with other CA Region and Providence operations in assigned areas (supply chain; revenue cycle; decision support; IS, to name a few) with regard to shared initiatives.
- Implement and enable the annual budget process for the Orange County/High Desert ministry. Determines appropriate target amounts and interacts with regional and department management in the budget process.
- Monitor budget to actual performance and creates accountability within the organization.
- Coordinate all activities/initiatives of shared services, system functions to ensure a cohesive and effective partnership.
ABOUT YOU Above all, we are looking for a servant leader whose personal and professional background demonstrates a genuine passion for the mission and core values of Providence Health & Services. You have a style that emphasizes openness, collaboration, visibility, and connectivity. A strong, confident, results-oriented, and decisive leader with the capacity to balance the big picture and strategic perspective with a focus on operations and the details of execution. You can articulate how your work improves healthcare delivery in the communities that we serve. Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experiencerequired.
- Master’s degree in related field highly preferred.
- CPA desirable
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible healthcare financial management experience.
ABOUT PROVIDENCE ST. JOSEPH HEALTH At Providence St. Joseph Health, we use our voice to advocate for vulnerable populations and needed reforms in health care. We are also pursuing innovative ways to transform health care by keeping people healthy, and making our services more convenient, accessible and affordable for all. In an increasingly uncertain world, we are committed to high-quality, compassionate health care for everyone—regardless of coverage or ability to pay. We help people and communities benefit from the best health care model for the future—today.