Since 2001, Acelero Learning has been a pioneer provider of early childhood education and family engagement services, all of which are focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $85 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcomes, we are both one of the largest and most innovative companies in our space, serving over 5,000 children in four states and supporting providers serving an additional 30,000 children across the country.
Acelero Learning's mission is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
Acelero Learning has two divisions:
Wondering if this is the place to leverage your Executive and Financial expertise? Read on to learn more about the opportunity and our ideal candidate.
What We Offer:
The Ideal Candidate
• Will have led the finance function for at least a $20 million organization or business unit
• Will have a proven track record in for-profit and non-profit financial management
• Demonstrated understanding of how to align a financial strategy with the mission and vision of the organization to increase financial reserves and cost-savings
• Exhibits a passion for improving the lives of children and families
• Experience managing funding associated with state and federal grants
• An approachable, skilled communicator, with the ability to be diplomatic in a very dynamic and growing environment
• Must have the ability to partner with programmatic and business unit leaders
• Must also be a model of integrity and discipline and have high ethical standards.
The CFO will play a critical role is setting the financial policies and strategic direction of the company. The CFO will report to the CEO/President of the organization will work closely with the national leadership team and program staff.
The CFO, will be expected to accomplish the following critical objectives:
Strategic Planning – Oversee long-term budgetary planning, cost-containment, compliance and cash flow management systems in conjunction with Acelero Learning's planning process. Lead the financial function through any M&A activities or other corporate shifts in strategy. Also provide strategic input and fiscal guidance to CEO, COO, business unit leaders and the board of directors.
Strategic Management– Manage reporting systems that enable our organization to successfully manage both our Head Start and our Shine Early Learning businesses by effectively utilizing organizational resources and maintaining compliance with current and committed contracts/grants. Oversee preparation of budgets for grant requests and reports for government and private funding agencies. Develop risk management plans for the company's strategic investments.
Departmental Management – Lead team of Finance professionals based within the national office as well as in our Shared Services facility. Build cross-trained, cohesive group focused on accomplishing departmental and company goals. Maximize efficacy of the financial function throughout company's networks.
Education and Experience:
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.
We Make it Easy
• Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in for.
• You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
MRA is a not-for-profit employers association serving over 4,000 companies throughout the upper Midwest. We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.