Chief Financial & Administrative Officer
Hoyleton Youth & Family Services seeks transformational executive leader to shape
and drive financial, IT, quality & people strategies!
For over 125 years, Hoyleton Youth & Family Services (“Hoyleton”) has been working to meet the needs of children and families with emotional and mental health services in the Southern Illinois region. With 6 well-defined lines of service, including, professional counseling, therapeutic residential care, fostering care and placement, young adult care, and Hispanic community support care, Hoyleton is proud to be one of 50 agencies nationwide (and only one of two serving youth in llinois) that adheres to the CARE Model, a trauma-informed practice with roots at Cornell University.
With an eye to the future, Hoyleton is also proud of its recent and significant investments in technology. These critical investments have been aimed at improving client data collection as well as communication and collaboration across the organization. In alignment with its strategic direction Hoyleton is seeking a dynamic and innovative Chief Financial & Administrative Officer who will lead the organization towards fulfilling its mission as a continued leader in building stronger communities. Ideal candidates must enjoy a balance of defining strategic initiatives and building out critical day-to-day practices to align with future success.
Reporting directly to Hoyleton’s President/CEO, the ideal candidate will:
SERVE AS A TRUSTED LEADER: Serve as a key advisor to the CEO and as a valued member of Hoyleton’s Leadership Team. Collaborate with CEO and senior leadership on strategic planning initiatives. Guide future investments and facilitate growth opportunities while evaluating solutions and technologies that create value and solidify competitiveness. Ensure profit is maximized in a manner consistent with mission and company culture.
- DIRECT FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES: Develop internal infrastructure, processes and procedures necessary to support a fee for service (FFS) model in a managed care environment. Develop financial strategy and implement plans to achieve success through operational efficiencies, continuous improvement and implementation of best practices. Direct all financial goals, objectives, and, manage the annual budget process. Proactively research, identify, and interpret market trends and performance analytics. Supervise cash management activities. Report on past performance and prepare future projections. Establish improved security and controls on accounting practices if necessary. Ensure that the organization is in compliance with finance, accounting and business requirements. Oversee the annual audit process, working with external parties, the CEO and the Board Finance Committee.
- DRIVE TECHNOLOGY STRATEGY: Ensure Hoyleton’s status as a technology leader among peers in the social services arena. Champion technology initiatives for adoption throughout the organization. Educate employees on the new online platform focused on client data collection and communication among employees. Facilitate training sessions to ensure knowledge and opportunity are rolled out in all departments. Leverage technology resources and internal technology team to further Hoyleton’s core mission.
- OVERSEE HR, QUALITY, FACILITIES AND EH&S FUNCTIONS: Lead the Human Resources and Quality Improvement teams and departments. Provide guidance and resources to further recruitment efforts, compensation and benefits, performance management, policy development and professional development. Drive a culture of quality and safety awareness. Oversee and manage facilities and equipment to ensure compliance with health and safety standards. Establish relationships with and manage all facility and equipment providers including custodians, technicians, groundskeepers, plumbers, HVAC contractors, and IT consultants. Ensure proper records retention, storage, security and destruction in accordance with policy.
- LEAD AND INSPIRE A HIGH-PERFORMING TEAM: Provide leadership, development, and day-to-day oversight for a team of four senior leaders who oversee Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology & Performance Improvement, and Facility Management. Determine best team structure and align the build-out of Hoyleton’s team with mission-based objectives. Develop a culture that promotes Hoyleton’s mission, drives employee engagement, prioritizes teamwork and accountability, and, fosters professional growth. Lead team to build trusted relationships with both internal and external constituents and stakeholders.
Key qualifications include:
- Passion for Hoyleton’s mission, social causes and making an impact on communities.
- Minimum of 10+ years of demonstrated leadership success and progressive experience, including financial management and related shared services. Prior oversight for all accounting, finance, strategy, forecasting and budget functions a must.
- Familiarity with fee for service models in managed care is crucial.
- Knowledge of public funding is preferred.
- Experience in healthcare, nonprofit or mission-driven organizations a plus.
- An advanced degree is required; MBA and/or CPA strongly desired.
- Strong grasp on technology and related tools such as cloud-based technology platforms, related software programs and operational systems, database management, and CRM products.
- Proven experience managing a high-performing team and actively developing talent. Must be able to inspire and motivate others and productively manage conflict through a healthy organizational culture, teamwork, and collaboration.
- Must offer strong relationship-building skills, an executive presence, an ability to serve as a credible resource within the organization, and, a well-honed ability to collaborate and to influence internally, externally, and, cross-functionally.
Other desired skills and abilities:
- Results-driven leader who inspires confidence internally and externally, who knows how to lead, empower others, and nurture talent.
- A “bridge builder” skilled at building consensus and achieving buy-in across constituents.
- Strong executive presence and an articulate communicator who can deliver messages with confidence and authority.
- Exhibits self-awareness and resilience, with a strong work ethic.
- A patient but persistent change agent. Comfortable offering new points of view and challenging others to think differently.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to juggle multiple projects and priorities based on the needs of the organization; can quickly adjust key priorities in response to changing dynamics.
- Values-driven leader with high level of ethics and uncontested integrity.
- Possesses a passion and commitment to make a difference in a nonprofit setting and to Hoyleton’s mission.
This position is based in Fairview Heights, Illinois. Relocation assistance is available, and relocation would be expected upon hire.
Hoyleton offers a competitive compensation package with a base salary and benefits.
Ready to Apply?
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply online at www.csiapply.com - simply upload your resume and answer a few questions for our search consultants. All resume submissions, candidate referrals, and job inquiries will be held strictly confidential. Please do not contact Hoyleton as this is a retained search.
Connecting talent with opportunity since 1994, Collaborative Strategies, Inc., is a St. Louis based consulting firm with a dedicated executive search practice. We take pride in matching talented leaders with entrepreneurial skills who are capable of undertaking mission-critical endeavors for great organizations like Hoyleton Youth & Family Services.
Hoyleton is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Hoyleton welcomes difference in the form of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, geography, socioeconomic status, age, politics, religion, philosophy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply.