$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
Do you have significant leadership experience in growing and developing an organization?
Is training and development or curriculum design strength of yours?
Have you ever created local or regional workforce solutions to promote economic and individual opportunity?
If you have answered yes to any or all, this may be the right opportunity for you?
Employ Milwaukee is seeking President and CEO to be a relationship builder in the community to promote talent development solutions for the Greater Milwaukee region. Results of this role will support regional economic development strategies; sustainable talent supply programs for high demand and emerging sectors; employment, training, and career laddering opportunities for low and middle-skill occupations; and career-planning services for job seekers, students, and incumbent workers.
This role reports to and receives direction from the Board of Directors and the Designated Chief Elected Official for Wisconsin's Workforce Development Area #2 – Milwaukee County.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic and Compliance
• Advances strategic initiatives, relationships, and product development for Employ Milwaukee by aligning the objectives of the agency's business units, support functions, and external partners and setting a broad regional strategy around workforce development, talent retention, and quality, family sustaining jobs
• Ensures compliance for all local workforce development board duties and responsibilities as outlined in the US DOL Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), as well as the corresponding administrative rules and procedures established by the State of Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development, are complied with by Agency staff and sub-contractors
Recruiting and Development
• Recruit, hire and retain highly capable and diverse professionals to ensure effective and efficient delegation of authority and the attainment of strategic and operational outcomes of the Board
• Cultivates existing Board relationships and assists in the engagement and identification of new members
• Champions Employ Milwaukee's brand, resources, and long-standing relationships within the community and serve as the backbone in strengthening visibility and expanding funding partnerships, aligning investments, and leveraging resources beyond what Employ Milwaukee directly manages to drive collaboration and deeper community impact in workforce development
• Leads fund development strategies that incorporate diverse fund development tools and supports fundraising goals
• Identifies funding strategies to supplement program funding authorized by WIOA
• Activates, supports and cultivates relationships with Board members and leverages relationships to achieve Agency objectives and outcomes, and community coordination around workforce development efforts
• Serves on national, state, regional and local committees, boards and supports initiatives to advance and enhance Employ Milwaukee's strategies, advocate for workforce development investments, and build collations that support the region's economic interests
• Authorizes budgets, expenditures, staffing recommendations, contracts and other requests as outline in the By-Laws, Administrative Memos and Employee Handbook of Employ Milwaukee
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Master's Degree preferred, Bachelor's Degree required in Business Administration, Urban Planning/Policy, Education Administration, or Social Work
• Minimum of 10 years of operations experience in senior leadership or management/supervisory role in a related industry
• Direct experience working with Board of Directors and nonprofit entities focused on training and development, fostering community partnerships and proven promoter of dynamic workforce's
KEY SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
• Must be able to translate across various platforms the Employ Milwaukee Mission and Vision into appropriate actions
• Demonstrated ability to develop the strategic and operational functions of an organization resulting in meeting organizational next stage growth benchmarks
• Effectively present and communicate the role and strategic vision of the board across various constituencies and be well-versed in the Workforce Development terms and related nomenclature
• Ability to form strategic coalitions, participate in regional collaborations and influence strategic partners and stakeholders
• Ability to comprehend and act on compliance needs of WIOA and the Department of Workforce Development and be up to date on programs and policies governing workforce development
• A results-oriented practitioner with solid business acumen, integrity, and ability to manage the complex business, community and political relationships effectively to benefit all parties
• Demonstrated ability to understand cultural competence, and effectively interact with diverse cultures, operating with an inclusive perspective and cultural sensitivity
• Ability to travel weekly to make necessary engagements associated with the position and responsibilities
Employ Milwaukee provides a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision insurance, healthcare spending, and reimbursement accounts, paid time off, life insurance, 401 (k), and short- and long-term disability insurance.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and of letters of referral as part of the online application process to be received on or before October 3, 2019, for full consideration to this opportunity.
Valid Through: 2019-11-1