Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
Posted 2 days ago
The chief executive officer is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the company by working with the board of directors and the executive management team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1.Establishes credibility throughout the organization and with the board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges. ?
2. Provides leadership and management to ensure that the mission and core values of the company are put into practice.
3. Drives the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
4. Spearheads the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
5. Collaborates with the executive management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives of the company.
6. Motivates and leads a high-performance management team; attracts, recruits and retains required members of the executive team not currently in place; provides mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
7. Acts as lead "client-care officer" through direct contact with every client and partner.
8. Assists, as required, in raising additional capital at appropriate valuations to enable the company to meet sales, growth and market share objectives.
9. Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
10. Represents the firm with clients, investors and business partners.
1. Strategic Thinking.
2. Business Acumen.
4. Results Driven.
5. Financial Management.
6. Problem Solving/Analysis.
7. Collaboration Skills.
This position manages subordinate supervisor(s) who supervise employee(s) and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units. The CEO also directly supervises non-supervisory employees. This position's responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. 15 plus years in various management/leadership roles in a variety of businesses and industries.
Preferred Education and Experience
Lean Six Sigma