• Accountable for creating an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the organizations mission, vision and values.
• Operational management of clinical and non-clinical departments including but not limited to: Nursing, Admissions, Business Development, Process Improvement, Finance, Clinical Services, Regulatory Affairs that effectively drive patient care outcomes
• Ensure hospital quality metrics are achieved through sound clinical processes following accreditation and regulatory agency guidelines.
• Recruit physicians and staff in targeted specialty areas, coordinate medical staff participation in new hospital ventures and targets, develop new areas of medical care to offer at the hospital.
• Supervise the development of more comprehensive outpatient care and ambulatory programs. Develop positive relationships with local industry, local government, potential key health care providers, and the general public.
• Ensure the timely submission of month-end financial and operational reviews, contribute to the development of and participation in corporate-wide strategic planning efforts.
• Communicate circumstances and events of operations to supervisor and other appropriate people to keep all apprised.
• Achieve budgeted financial objectives.
• Effectively manage contract negotiations and compliance with the commercial payor community.
• Increase revenues and income before inter-company allocations, maintain or decrease the effective bad debt rate, achieve the margin percentage, and implement operating cost controls in the areas of staffing, supplies, purchased services, etc.
• Focus on census building efforts and strategic planning.
• Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree is preferred
• Currently working as a behavioral executive, i.e CEO at a Behavioral Health facility or as a Director of a large acute care facility with a large multi-unit psych department.
• A working knowledge of behavioral health management practices and clinical operations.
• An advanced knowledge of state and federal regulatory and various accreditation requirements related to behavioral health management.
• Working knowledge of operations and financial management and marketing methods.
• Ability to travel a minimum of 10% of the time.