Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will be responsible for leading the company’s overall strategic direction, profitability, customer satisfaction, operations, budgeting process, and financial performance. He/she must drive results and accountability through corporate’s executive leadership group and business unit’s leadership team, sharpening the organizations strategy and execution, and delivering organic and acquisitive growth.
- Reports directly to the Board of Directors. Develops and manages all appropriate policies, procedures and other related matters with the purpose of enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency of the Corporation for reporting and approval of the Board.
- Provides leadership and guidance as a participating member of the Executive Leadership Team. Provided direction and support to the GMs/Presidents of each of the organizations business segments.
- Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the CFO and GMs/Presidents of each of the organization’s business.
- Setting organizational-wide objectives, KPI's and performance objectives for all direct reports.
- Aggressively manage capital investment and expenses to ensure the company achieves targets relative to growth and profitability. Lead the implementation of agreed plans, budgets, and strategies.
- Plan, design, and direct work in coordination with management team in the setting of a Corporate Strategic and Business Plan.
- Directs and works collaboratively with CFO with respect to current and future banking relationships.
- Reviews and approves, within guidelines or budgets established by the Board, capital acquisition and expenditure plans.
- Ensures that all corporate activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations as well as professional industry practices.
- Provide input and collaborate in HR areas including compensation discussions, employee benefits, health and safety, labor relations, and union contract administration.
- Directs and administers all legal matters of the corporation in collaboration with Vice President & Corporate Secretary.
- Be familiar with shareholders agreements and any stock agreements in place.
- Provide leadership and oversight to environmental, health & safety consideration and collaborate with Corporate Safety and organizations business segments on best practices and continuous improvements.
- MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of progressive and upwardly mobile general management experience, including 3-5 years in similar CEO or COO roles.
- Having successfully demonstrated executive leadership and business analysis capabilities within a multi-layered manufacturing organization with multiple business units.
- Experience growing and scaling a labor-intensive manufacturing company.
- Experience re-engineering and improving processes that enhance efficiency, increase profitability and support revenue growth.
- Expertise developing or improving go-to-market strategies to diversify revenue streams.
- Demonstrated history of driving commercial excellence, net profit growth, margin expansion and operational effectiveness.
- Business acquisition and integration acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skill set. Function as a strategic business partner, enabler, and problem solver in strategic issues and acquisitions. Must have demonstrated history of building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met.
- The CEO seeks and builds alliances, maintains effective relationships, communicates in a compelling and articulate manner instilling commitment, and fosters open, respectful, two-way communication channels, internally and externally, to further the strategy and vision of the Corporation.
- Continuously drive increases in sales performance, revenue growth, and net profit.