Butternut Mountain Farm is nearing our 50th anniversary and is now one of the maple industry's leading packers of maple syrup and has grown steadily for more than two decades. We purchase bulk syrup from producers throughout the maple region to serve our primary markets, retail and industrial. We provide both private label and BMF branded and specialty products, along with bulk packaging of maple syrup and granulated maple sugar to other manufacturers. BMF is the largest processor for retail packed organic pure maple syrup in the U.S. and operates in four locations in Vermont and Quebec.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for providing comprehensive leadership for all aspects of the business, including the integration of all operations, sales and marketing, finance, for the plant, farm, and consumer direct operations by working with the Owners to implement long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
We value someone who is highly communicative, has a sense of urgency however knows it can take time and patience to reach a desired outcome, deals well with ambiguity yet can make timely decisions and has a demonstrated record of good judgement. This position operates in an open, accessible, fast-paced, respectful environment, with focus on the connection between, land, people and desired overall outcomes of Butternut Mountain Farm.
- Provide leadership and management to ensure that the vision, mission and core values of the company are aligned, maintained and practiced.
- Lead the company to achieve sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and established objectives, by meeting our goals: excel at core competencies, maintain and grow market share, decrease our carbon foot print, be an employer of choice and increase profitability and decrease leverage.
- Manage and motivate the senior leadership team to develop and implement plans for the organizational infrastructure of systems, processes and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives.
- Spearhead through collaboration the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Engage, business mentor and set strategy in partnership with Owners.
- Prepare annual budgets, complete risk analysis on potential investments, and advise the Owners, with regard to investment risk and return.
- Work with customers to ensure highest level of satisfaction.
- Foster and model a success-oriented, accountable environment.
- Represent the company with customers, bankers and business partners.
- A minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible leadership experience in an organization with a track record of sustained profitable growth
- A minimum of 10 years of executive leadership experience with a national or international scope of responsibility
- Experience in a management role with a family business preferred, not required
- Has a thorough understanding and experience of the full range of business functions and systems, including operations, manufacturing, consumer product, budgeting, strategic development and planning.
- Proven track record of effectively scaling operational processes and team
- Strong analytical and data-driven mindset that translates into effective decision making and problem solving.
- Knowledge of French language a plus
All interested parties should forward a cover letter and resume to the attention of Kate McEachern, Human Resource Director at email@example.com or apply via this website. All inquiries will be held in confidence.