Overview Breaking New Ground for Behavioral Health in Chattanooga
Erlanger Health System and Acadia Healthcare broke ground on May 8th for the new Erlanger Behavioral Health Hospital. This 88-bed hospital is a joint effort between Erlanger and Acadia, which owns the nation’s largest network of mental health facilities. The two-story, 69,000-square foot facility being built on the corner of North Holtzclaw and Citico Avenues brings a much-needed treatment center for our community.
The Chief Executive Officer shall serve as the executive officer with day-to-day responsibility for the management and operation of the hospital. The CEO has primary responsibility for the development, implementation, and achievement of the hospital’s strategic business planin conjunction with routine operations to include: quality of care, staff development, maintenance of licensure and accreditations, financial performance, and continuous performance improvement.
- Collaborates with the governing body in the development of hospital-specific annual operating capital budgets and strategic business plans. Assures that the medical staff is involved and provides input into this process through coordination with the office of the Medical Director.
- Manages day-to day operations and staff so that the hospital achieves its objectives in all of the following key performance areas:
- effective patient care outcomes
- appropriate fiscal management
- maintenance of licensure, accreditation and other regulatory criteria
- implementation of focused business development processes
- medical staff compliance with regulatory and accreditation guidelines
- Organizes the day-to-day management and operation of the hospital through departmentalization, delegation and alignment of responsibilities to meet the facility’s patient care and business objectives.
- Create and maintain a network of local constituency groups to include government agencies, local businesses, affiliate health providers, and the surrounding community.
- Appraises leadership team performance, both of individual members and the team as a whole, assesses competencies, and provides coaching/corrective action as appropriate under the direction of the governing body.
- Ensure participation of staff in facility/program wide in-service and continuing education programs, including those specific to the treatment of children, adolescents and families.
- Recruit allied health professionals and psychiatrists to increase the scope of service offerings at the hospital.
- Effectively manage and direct contract negotiations and contract compliance with the commercial payor community to include rate negotiations and services provided.
- Leads development of continuum of care to include comprehensive outpatient services and community based programs.
- Serves as the final authority for resolution of staff performance concerns and performance improvement activities as appropriate.
- Routinely attends and as appropriate, chairs periodic meetings with the governing body, medical staff, executive management team, and otherdepartments of the hospital.
- Abides by all Acadia policies and procedures and operates with the highest personal integrity and professionalism.
- Remains current in all national healthcare based initiatives through participation in such organizations as NAPHS and the relevant state based hospital association.
- BA in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Marketing or a clinical discipline; MBA/MHA preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5years’ experience in senior leadership/CEO role in an acute care environment.
- Proven ability to lead successful licensure, accreditation, and compliance efforts in a behavioral health facility.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of facility administration and clinical operations.
- Strong working knowledge of financial management and business development processes.
- Ability to work professionally with sensitive, proprietary data & information while maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively and professionally with individuals at all levels; both internal and external.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously within inflexible time frames. Ability to adapt to frequent priority changes.
- Capable of working within established policies, procedures and practices prescribed by the organization.
- English sufficient to provide and receive instructions/directions.