Chief Estimator PreCon Mgr
8 - 10 years experience • Architecture & Construction
Direct Reports None Initially
Preconstruction Manager role requires individual with a minimum 7years commercial
constructionexperience interested in a career as a professional preconstruction
manager/estimator, with an analytical personality, experience and a passion for quantity
survey/estimating work, curious problem solver with strong technical and computer skills, online
take-off and Revit/BIM experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Review preconstruction assignments with the Preconstruction Department Manager and Project Lead.
2. Develop the estimating manual with regards to proper format for quantity survey. We don’t have one of these.
3. Assemble comprehensive detailed estimates for all project types.
4. Identify and suggest key areas where “special” sub or material pricing is required.
5. Perform the assigned preconstruction and estimating assignments while coordinating similar items
with other estimators to save time.
6. Organize the summary of your estimating quantities and enter quantities in to the final estimate.
7. Investigate pricing as directed by the estimate captain and/or as required per the estimating work
8. Respond, answer and assemble RFP’s from clients
9. Develop trade partner call list and/or perform phone solicitation from the call list.
10. Assemble trade partner RFP’s, lead/coordinate trade partner interaction during preconstruction
11. Co-ordinate drawing reproduction and distribution as required.
12. Review all addenda and adjust the estimate as necessary.
13. Communicate any special problems you may see during the bid process to the team.
14. Perform bid day assignments, which may include taking of phone bids, reviewing bids received by
fax, and further scoping if required, tabulating bids on recaps if assigned.
15. Special departmental assignments for record keeping and historical information purposes.
16. Do project historical cost summaries as requested for completed projects.
17. Review bids/budgets for unit price information and appropriateness and accuracy.
18. Attend preconstruction meetings with Owners and Architects.
19. Perform Value Engineering studies and provide solutions to budget issues.
20. Control and track all aspects of an estimate development through all stages of design.
21. Train PM/PE’s on estimating procedures and techniques.
22. Lead team of PM’s and PE’s and assign responsibilities for all estimates going out the door.
23. Experience in all types of commercial building structures to show expertise in all building systems.
24. A good understanding of economic climate and accurate unit pricing for the area for conceptual