Balfour Beatty Construction is seeking an experienced Chief Estimator to join our West Region team in Fairfield, CA. This role will review contract documents, plans and specifications, takeoff, pricing, planning, coordination, supervising and executing estimating and estimating functions for the company and joint venture heavy civil estimates. Must have heavy civil construction experience and management or technical training preferred. Provide training, technical and administrative direction to estimating staff and to insure corporate objectives are met. Must be extremely fluent and have prior experience in HCSS.
- Manage and administer estimating functions as described above. Other duties include identifying projects to bid, estimating staff scheduling, performance evaluations, and some business development and marketing.
- Assist corporate and project management to determine what types of projects to bid, strategies, techniques, etc. Includes the formal "Request to Bid" internal paperwork.
- Conduct and review all final estimate packages to insure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal quotation.
- Participate in presentations to corporate management (CTC's and GTC's) and Clients.
- Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required.
- May assist in the preparation of studies, materials and methods, recommendations, and cost estimates as required.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- Local or willing to commute to Fairfield, California.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ten years or more of construction estimating experience on commercial or civil projects.
- Prior experience in Heavy Construction Systems Specialists (HCSS) software.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use estimating software, word processing, spread sheets, bid management, online plan rooms and database applications and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
- Local candidates to Fairfield, California are highly recommended to apply.
- Five years or more of construction estimating experience on heavy civils projects.
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or engineering related field.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a team.