Chief Estimator - Civil Construction
15+ years experience • Construction
POSITION TITLE: Chief Estimator – CivilConstruction
SPECIFICATION NUMBER: 69532CRI
LOCATION: Brooklyn, New York
COMPENSATION: Base salary: $175,000 or Market Rate + Bonus
COMPANY: Our client is a leader in CivilConstruction.
AREAS OF SPECIALITIES:
- Drainage and Piping
- Concrete Work
- Retaining Walls
- Sewer Work: Sanitary & Storm
- Water Mains
- Asphalt Paving
- Soil Stabilization
POSITION SUMMARY / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Able to output 5-10 Jobs per month
- Vast knowledge of NYC Union rules and agreements
- At least 15 years of experience estimating in the NYC Heavy Highway / Civil Industry
- Vast knowledge of how to use HCSS heavy bid software
- Technical background necessary to estimate heavycivilproject include:
- Bridge / Deck replacements
- Large Diameter Steel Water Main Projects
- Sewer & Water Main Projects
- Highway Work
- Structural and Architectural Concrete
- Flat Work (Landscaping, Pavers, Beautification, etc.)
- Transit Work (Substations, Vent Plants, Station Work)
- Proficient in analyzing subcontractor proposals from Electrical, Mechanical, Steel, HVAC Subcontractors
- Experience with estimating work for NYC Public Agencies including NYC DEP, NYC DDC, NYC MTA, NYS DOT, PANYNJ
- Knowledge of performing analysis of bid item quantities for overruns and underruns
- Manage a team of 1-3 Estimators
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERENCE
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal abilities essential for dealing with management, project teams, customers and other stakeholders
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience in working with city and state agencies (NYS DOT, NYC MTA, NYC DDC, NYC DOT, & PANYNJ)
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience in Heavy Construction
- Creative problem solving abilities.
- Mentoring skills with the ability to train others.
- Capability to negotiate with Public Agencies, Private Utilities, and Vendors
- Significant business acumen and understanding and use of financial tools.
- Must be self-motivated.