Do you have a background in Building Estimating and find yourself wanting more from your career? Read on...
You're a Chief Estimator with 10+ years of experience working in multi-disciplinary commercial construction projects. You will supervise the estimating team's activities of quantity take-offs, cost analysis, sub-trade negotiations, competitive bid management and document control while utilizing current estimating software (OST). You will lead negotiation and contract execution involved in preparing hard bid, cost plus and design build estimates for projects.
Are you ready to assumethis leadership role? Join the Ledcor Building team in Edmonton, AB.
- Manages and provides input into estimating, costs, profitability, budget and risk management across multiple projects
- You will get to know estimating team members; providing clear direction& technical guidanceas well asdistributing theworkload to capitalize on individual and group strengths while ensuring balanced exposure to work experience and development opportunities
- Supervises the solicitation of trades regarding bid invitations, pricing, addenda, and tender/bid closings
- Supervises estimating staff's quantity take-offs for all areas of the estimate while ensuring the take-off is well notated for hand-over to the project team and includes safety and security requirements required by Ledcor policies and applicable legislation
- Analyzes plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare bid estimates for projects, performs complete estimates on selected projects consisting of project site visit, quantity take-off, pricing, and presentation of the estimate for management and client review
- Applies knowledge and skills through the handling of complex problems and shares expertise with the estimating team in an ongoing effort to develop, recommend revisions and implement procedures, standards, rules and regulations
- Evaluates and presents or supports the presentation of estimate proposals
- Prepares conceptual estimates by gathering, and interpreting historical estimating data
- Oversees and manages selection and maintenance of subcontractors within a database
- Researches and analyzesdata for review and presentation to management as well as to map and plan deliverables
- Interfaces, communicates effectively (written and oral), and provides guidance toother estimating staff, all levels of management, clients and Industry contacts; contacts and develops business relationships with subcontractors and suppliers for pricing within estimates
- Explores future opportunities pursuant to the business plan, manages bids and leads the team in programing and pre-construction phases
- Prepares for andparticipates inmajor trade pre-award meetings as required
- You have 10+ yrs of progressive estimating experienceideallyon commercial construction buildingprojects ($25M-$300M in scope)
- You have completed post-secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Estimating, Engineering or haveand equivalent combination ofeducation and experience
- You like to stay current with development of estimating technology; have strong computerskills with experience with MS Office (Excel most importantly)and Estimating software
- You have demonstrated experience as a facilitator and mentor, a team leader and technical contributor in extremely complex or interdependent projects; as well asperformance managing team members
- You are ableto manage and coordinate multiple priorities, project deadlines and resources from a variety of sources and locations
- You anticipatechallenges and opportunities, andpropose innovative solutions that are consistent withobjectives and strategic positioning
- You have created and maintainednetworks with key decision makers in the estimating process.
- You explain and convey complex ideas in a straightforward and persuasive manner
- This role will act 50% as a team leader and 50% as an Estimator for projects in excess of $25M in scope
- This role operates on business hours of 7:30am-4:30pm, Monday to Friday, but due to the nature of project work may need additional hours periodically
- Though this is an office oriented position, you must be willing to attend project site visits, tender meetings and other business related events.
Job ID: 15411