$250K — $250K+*
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank is seeking a motivated Chief Engineer with strong leadership abilities to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. Provides a combination of technical and business leadership while being the primary trusted and capable owner of one or more high priority, high visibility, complex focused initiatives that typically cross multiple technology and business line areas.
You will help a large product portfolio with Technology Modernization initiatives like API, Microservices, and Cloud Enablement Migration. You may have a small number of direct reports (e.g., an architect, systems analyst, etc.) and provide guidance to a larger community including affected systems, program management, and test leadership. Responsibilities include:
- Develop solutions in accordance with US Bank technology principals and partner with various shared services and architecture teams to align the solutions to the latest technical standards.
- Accountable for solution design and delivery executed by Technology & Operations Services (TOS), the business line and vendor partners.
- Act as an interface with TOS and business partners, vendors and subject matter experts (SMEs) for solution design and delivery; provide counsel to the business line during ideation stages.
- Proactively communicate statuses, issues, risks and mitigation to senior leadership; serve as a primary project issue escalation point.
- Champion the refresh of bank standards and methods using learnings from program delivery, SMEs and industry changes.
- Drives alignment and influences vendor partner product strategy.
- Develops and communicates program visons and roadmaps.
- Advises on solution definition, planning and high-level design.
- Appropriately governs program technology and engineering dimensions.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Valid through: 2/19/2021