$80K — $100K *
Bowhead Transport Company (BTC) provides marine cargo transportation; lightering; environmental and research support, logistics and oilfield services. We have a diverse fleet of vessels that provide our customers with comprehensive marine service options in multiple regions of Alaska. We are seeking an experienced engineer who can perform preventive and corrective maintenance and repairs aboard our 200 GRT,150ft Landing Craft, MV Unalaq built new in 2014. Bowhead Transport offers all mariners a rotating schedule and an impressive insurance plan with optional 401K benefits.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for conducting all predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance and repairs of all Engineering; propulsion mechanics, power generator system, electricity, lubrication, fuel system, water distillation, HVAC, fire suppression systems, emergency equipment, and maintenance of deck equipment.
• May be required to supervise employees.
• Assists the Project Manager with collection and compilation of vessel maintenance statistics, training of staff, and ensuring the safety of the workplace
RequirementsKnowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise:
• Able to complete an annual Merchant Mariners physical exam and perform physically demanding shipboard duties.
• Communication skills require the ability to provide an explanation of very complex or technical matters to people with little or no background in the area under discussion.
• Writing skills require the ability to write by hand, email, or text to clearly communicate technical information.
• Record keeping requires all maintenance and repairs to be included in the ships records
• Strong interpersonal/team skills and the proven ability to often deal in situations where immediate satisfactory resolution of issues must be achieved.
• USCG Rated as Designated duty Engineer, 4000 HP with STCW-95
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as an engineer aboard vessels conducting routine operation, predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance and repairs of outboard and inboard propulsion and auxiliary engine maintenance, vessel electrical, electronic, and pneumatic systems maintenance, motor vehicle and support equipment maintenance, fire suppression systems, and implementation of Quality Management Programs.
• U.S. Citizenship and must hold a current U.S. Passport.
• Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC -- minimum six (6) months prior to renewal).
• Valid Drivers’ License (minimum 6 months prior to renewal).
Valid through: 6/25/2021