We currently have an opening for a Signals/Train Control Chief Engineer to work on transit, freight and commuter rail projects in our New York City office as part of our Transportation & Infrastructure division. Candidates will be considered for any of our offices.
The Signal/Train Control Chief Engineer’s duties will include at a minimum the following:
- Development of procurement documents
- Detailed designs
- Cost estimates
- Design reviews
- Construction support and otherresponsibilities as needed by the position.
- Interact with both clients and engineering staff
- Perform business development activities and assist with management of the signals group
The position requires that the individual must be willing to travel and have expertise in solid-state and conventional relay-based signaling systems.
The successful candidate shall have experience in the following areas:
- Detailed design of signal systems, both plans and specifications
- CBTC and PTC experience
- Block design
- Vital and non-vital processor programming
- Relay circuitdesign
- Cable plandesign and field equipment layout.
- Design support during construction phase of a project.
- Review supplier and/or contractor submittals and product data and support installations, testing and cutovers.
- Prepare engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, and designs.
- Technical bid analyses.
- PE Certification
- Bachelors of Civil or Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Minimum of 15years’ experience in signal system design/integration
- Good planning, organizational and communication skills
- Team oriented with strong capability to work independently.
- Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) experience
- Positive Train Control (PTC) experience
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- 5 years’ experience in managing an engineering team and leading projects
- Experience with AutoCAD and or Microstation
- Motivated to lead and mentor others.