Business Group Highlights See More
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.
The successful SE&I Lead / Chief Engineer will be responsible for working with the Lead Systems Engineer (LSE) to provide overall leadership and technical direction for the program. This is a high visibility role that will include frequent engagement with Space Development Agency technical leadership, providing technical execution plans and status throughout the acquisition lifecyle. The Chief Engineer will support a new program at Perspecta, focused on Mission Integration of a new Space Domain architecture. The successful candidate will work with the LSE to provide technical leadership and tasking direction for our Mission Systems Engineering & Integration (MSE&I) team, composed of seasons Systems Engineering, Space Systems Engineers, Systems Architects, Configuration Management professionals, Schedulers, Risk Managers, and Verification & Validation (V&V) test engineers.
Tasks include interface definition to ensure compatibility with the Ground and User Segments and how these interact with each other; and then developing and implementing a plan to ensure that the combined system will be able to support the mission capabilities. Mission operations (demo and other flight test planning) has a direct interface with the Warfighter and brings together these capabilities (COMM/Transport, OPIR, Ground Command & Control), mesh network capabilities, low-latency high-bandwidth optical link capabilities, network management, tactical communications, mission planning, and the DoD elements already conducting critical warfighter missions.
This Chief Engineer will support the LSE to develop and mature requirements for a "Capstone" demonstration to be held at the end of the first Task Order. This is a fast-paced program that will deliver a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) capability to support the warfighter in under 24 months. A focus of this role is working with SDA technical leadership and multiple segment vendors to understand requirements and interfaces, identify gaps in the architecture and interfaces, and refine the CONOPS based upon expected Segment capabilities.
Specific Tasks include:
- Develop technical execution plans, provide technical direction to a Systems Engineering & Integration team, and communicate technical execution plans and status to SDA customer stakeholders and internal management
- Establish the System level Technical Baseline for the program, to include: Defining Capstone Demonstration scope and logistics, System Requirements, System Architecture views, System CONOPs, an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), a Mission Operations Integration Plan (MOIP), and fundamental systems engineering processes and business functions to ensure successful integration of the system
- Evaluate the demonstrations, simulations, and testing required to demonstrate mission capability and document the interfaces, internal and external operations and resources required to successfully accomplish them
- Provide input to Systems Architects to develop architectural and technical schematics showing interactions (e.g., operational functions, data, physical connections, and timing) among the segments and their various elements
- Support Risk reduction activities and end-to-end demonstration plans coordinated with the Tracking Segment and elements
- Provide data to support information mapping mission capabilities to System and Segment requirements and verification activities
Requires 16 to 18 years with BS/BA or 14+ years with MS/MA or 10+ years with Ph.D.
- Proven successful technical leadership experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and grasp a broad and diverse range of technical areas
- Experience with, and/or familiarity with, all aspects of the full systems engineering acquisition lifecycle
For Colorado Residents
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Valid through: 4/12/2021