Job Duties and Responsibilities
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Chief Engineer to join our team in the Springfield, VA area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
The Chief Engineer will be knowledgeable in engineering, GIS and mission domains of the Foundation GEOINT architecture and be able to direct and control an integrated technical effort of the size and complexity required. The Chief Engineer will have hands-on experience in defining and implementing IT requirements in a mission critical operational environment. The Chief Engineer will also have broad knowledge of the interrelationship of ISP and ASP from an engineering perspective. Moreover, the Chief Engineer will have experience in implementing ASP segments in a virtualized, cloud environment.
· BA or BS degree in an associated technical discipline
· A minimum of 10 years of experience in System Engineering and project/program management
· Thorough understanding of the following interfaces and formats (at a minimum): standard web services protocols (e.g., SOAP, REST, and OGC)
· Thorough understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud environments
· Experience with delivery of an integrated solution using agile or related self-managed, rapid software delivery techniques
· Experience with proprietary and open source GIS applications and services such as OpenGeo, ArcGIS Server, PostGIS and PostgreSQL, Oracle Spatial
· Thorough understanding of the following program languages and systems (at a minimum): JAVA, PHP, JBOSS, Tomcat, Linux, Windows
· Thorough understanding of developing web based systems from dynamic results of a relational database
· Familiarity with NGA’s Configuration Management and Request for Change process for review and assessment
· Professional certification(s) in System Engineering
· MS, desired – or 5 years of equivalent work experience
· Must possess an active TS/SCI
Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering or related field) or equivalent, and ten to twelve years of related experience.
Degrees Equivalent Experience/Education
Years of Experience
10-12 years w/Bachelors Degree
07-09 years w/Masters Degree