LTD Hospitality Group is seeking highly motivated, strategic leaders with expertise in effective and efficient hotel operations. Our ideal candidates should exude a passion for the hospitality industry that will attract and inspire associates to cultivate an exceptional guest experience. If you are looking for an exciting career with unlimited opportunities to thrive within LTD’s growing portfolio of properties, we have an immediate opening for you to join our team as a Chief Engineer
The Chief Engineer will have total responsibility for the entire hotel facility including physical building structure, hotel’s appearance, all mechanical, Electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance on mechanical, HVAC & technological equipment and determining what kind of maintenance is needed including work done by outside vendors and contractors.
- Must be able to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances
- Responsible for management of maintenance expenses to maximize hotel profitability.
- Active management and supervision of all work and repairs being performed; will be a hands-on Chief Engineer that requires active and vigorous leadership.
- Collaborates with the General Manager to prioritize improvements through capital expenditures.
- Conduct routine inspections of the hotel property to maintain standards per brand, state, federal & local regulations.
- Perform and or assign all preventative maintenance work. (Complete all guest rooms every 90 days)
- Ensure aggressive guest first approach among team members. Remedy guest complaints within 30 minutes, or if not possible, notify the Front Desk or General Manager for proper follow up.
- Conduct weekly inventory of supplies. Purchase and order supplies maintaining budget guidelines.
- Comply with departmental, hotel and corporate operating standards.
- Clean & maintain the whirlpool and outside pool, i.e. back washing vacuuming, and keeping the tiles and skimmer clean.
- Other and all duties, projects, and tasks as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills and or ability required.
(Includes college, coursework, certifications, licenses, etc.)
- Must have 3 to 5 years experience as a Chief Engineer with a hotel or experience as a building, apartment or condo Maintenance Engineer where attention to customer service is critical.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Needs good interpersonal & communication skills
- HVAC experiencepreferred
- Pool certification preferred
- Must be able to work flexible hours and be on call 24 hours a day if an emergency arises
LTD Hospitality Group has taken pride in superior hotel development and management for more than 30 years and is a recognized leader managing top-performing brands under Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt and InterContinental Hotel Group flags.