- Oversee the maintenance and continuous operation of all building systems including: fire/life safety, mechanical (HVAC, plumbing, controls) electrical (lighting, UPS, PDU, generators, primary switch gear), cabling (data and voice, broad band), lighting and temperature controls systems, critical environments, light construction (painting, doors, relights, locks), digital systems (fire alarm, duress, card access, radionics, CCTV). Utilize staff and contracting with outside vendors as necessary.
- Supervise and manage engineers and maintenance staff including hiring, training and personal development
- Identify the maintenance objectives of the facility and incorporate those objectives into a documented plan that includes preventive, predictive and reactive maintenance procedures.
- Identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building's staff and occupants work in a safe environment. Implement, administer, and manage safety training program.
- Ensure that compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines are met as they relate to the operation of the building's infrastructure. Responsible for alerting management of building discrepancies.
- Assist in the development of a Capital plan which would include planning for infra-structure upgrades, equipment replacements and building modifications to ensure the building's future capabilities are maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring that major projects performed at the building are properly planned, executed and closed out in accordance with standard industry practices.
- Maintain all infrastructure and compliance documentation for the building including up-to-date building drawings and single-lines as well as documentation mandated for the purpose of maintaining regulatory compliance with Federal, State or Local law.
- Responsible for overseeing the activities of contractors working within the building either as representatives of the building itself or tenants operating within the buildings.
- Responsible for keeping records of buildings rounds and readings, all engineering logs and engineering data sheets.
- Responsible for advance training and notification to all contractors so that they are informed and knowledgeable with respects to the building's functions and the work they are to perform, including an incident contact response list.
- Ensure all critical equipment and events are a well-understood process among the building staff, engineers, tenants and contractors who perform work on the building's critical infrastructure.
- Performs additional job duties as requested.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 10+ years related work experience, including supervisory experience
- Experience of 5+ years managing a crew
- 3-5 years critical environment experience. High-density data center experience a plus.
- Experience managing major electrical shutdowns strongly desired.
- Deep understanding of critical power systems including, UPS, PDU, ATS, STS, and generators.
- Universal CFC certification required
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel
- Excellent customer service skills mandatory.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Ability to comply with both Jones Lang LaSalle and client-directed Policies & Procedures.
- Successful candidate must be self-motivated who can work independently or on a team.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.