- Troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions in electrical/mechanical/plumbing systems & other hotel equipment).
- Conducting ongoing room preventative maintenance
- Resolving maintenance problems, complaints, and work orders to prioritize and schedule work.
- Carpentry and painting skills, as well as drywall and carpet repair work, is a plus.
- Inspecting property to identify potential and current needs.
- Ensuring department expenditures meet budget requirements. Assisting with the capital budget process.
- Soliciting bids from contractors and evaluating their proposals with hotel management.
- Coordinating with local health, safety, fire, and building inspectors to ensure compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Ensure pool is properly maintained to include cleanliness and chemical content.
- Maintaining the building exterior if not serviced by a contractor (e.g. lawn care, painting, etc). Supervising and scheduling of maintenance staff.
- Prior hotel maintenance experience of at least 4 years or more is a plus.
- Previous experience in management of maintenance/engineering specific to electrical, plumbing, HVAC system, ventilation system and carpentry.
- Working knowledge and experience with swimming pool maintenance. Experience ordering supplies and inventory.
- Must be able to maintain guest satisfaction scores at brand standard or higher and all Internal Audit/Corporate standards set forth by Island Hospitality.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests and staff. Must be able to manage a Team of 2 or more people.
Island Hospitality is committed to employee development and displays that commitment with a formalized training and development program providing a clear path for any employee with a desire and aptitude to thrive in the hospitality business. As team members join Island Hospitality from other organizations they too can build on that prior experience and find further growth opportunities within our company by utilizing the tools and resources offered.
What we offer you in return for your dedication and hard work is a rewarding benefits package that includes:
- Health Insurance
- Paid Sick and Vacation Time
Plan for the Future:
401(k) Retirement plan - IHM Matches 100% up to 3% of your salary and an extra 50% on the next 2% of your salary. 401(k) is fully vested upon first contribution
Rewarding Hard Work:
- Incentive based bonus program
- Free room nights at our hotels
- Employee discounts within your hotel brand
- Discounts for friends and family within your hotel brand
- Team Member of the Month, Team Member of the quarter, and Team Member of the Year recognition and bonus
- Discounted tickets to theme parks, musicals, movies and more through Tickets at Work