Primary Purpose of Position:
Lead, execute and monitor initiatives related to ensuring the efficient operation and maintenance of the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, elevator and energy management controls systems in assigned portfolio.
- Ensure the proficient operation and maintenance of all building systems including but not limited to HVAC, water treatment program, electrical, lighting, plumbing, elevator, building/energy and management systems, ensuring all systems are maintained in first class condition.
- Manage all aspects of the facility maintenance operations and initiatives for a portfolio of buildings as assigned by VP, Engineering.
- Monitor maintenance schedules including preventive maintenance, demand work orders, and risk management/fire safety. Produce monthly status reports for the, Property Management Staff and VP, Engineering including recommendations for improvements or modifications to schedules.
- Manage Angus Anywhere preventative maintenance, loss control and service call programs. Monitor and manage work productivity through service call and preventative maintenance call program reporting.
- Conduct periodic inspection and audits to confirm compliance with operations and maintenance programs including: service call programs, preventative maintenance, loss control prevention activities, safety programs, hazardous materials, OSHA compliance, water treatment and record keeping.
- Assist VP, Engineering and Property Management to develop scope and bid engineering related services or CAPEX projects.
- Represent Property Management at tenant and Construction Department meetings as necessary.
- Provide feedback and direction to Engineering Service Contractor Project Manager regarding job performance of engineering staff at assigned sites.
- Ensure compliance of all code required testing and maintenance of building systems, including NFPA 92, Ashrae 188, ACM O&M requirements and Boston Properties Arc Flash policy.
- Maintain and refine a documented preventative maintenance and service call program for all building systems.
- Organize and maintain comprehensive files consisting of operations and maintenance manuals, blueprints (tenant and base building), loss prevention activities, safety training, material safety data and other pertinent documents.
- Regularly inspect all MEP machinery/equipment and rooms as well as other work areas to ensure good housekeeping and safe working conditions. Produce monthly report on conditions of same.
- MEP and building/energy management related input for annual operating budgets and 5-year capital plans for each asset.
- Review tenant and base building renovation/development plans and specifications, providing comments relating to design problems or conflicts to existing building systems or structures.
- Monitor all contracted maintenance, repair and construction activities for conformance to established building policies and standards. Inform Director, Engineering and Senior Property Manager of all defective or nonconforming conditions.
- Provide suggestions and/or plans to improve the operating or energy efficiency of building systems
- Review emergency operational procedures including OSHA with staff such as equipment changeover, isolation of electrical and water systems, power outages, and other department-wide emergency procedures.
- Respond to building emergencies and provide back up support to other Lead Engineers.
- Ensure building standards are maintained as established.
- Review Boston Properties Control Center logs daily and coordinate necessary action plan if needed.
- Responsible for the overall direction, setting priorities and coordination of engineering staff
- Assist in the technical training and upgrading of skills of less qualified staff.
- Pursue employee development objectives recommended by the Director of Engineering and/or Vice-President of Property Management.
- Assist in the administration of the properties impairment and loss prevention program.
- Participate in Boston Properties Safety Committee.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- A minimum of 10 years of operational experiencerequired with 5 or more years of facilitiesexperience in in a commercial Real Estate setting.
- Accredited technical school, military, or college certification in HVAC and/or Operating Engineering Technologies and/or equivalent job related training and experiencerequired.
- Commonwealth of Refrigeration Technician Licenserequired.
- Universal CFC certification required.
- Continuing education in field.
- Advanced working knowledge of Building Automation Systems, Microsoft Windows, Excel and Lotus Notes knowledge.
- Strong technical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently, set priorities and motivate others.
- Familiarity with OSHA, NEC, NFC and life safety codes.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks as well as push and pull objects and grasp with hands.
- Regularly use fingers to type or write as needed.
- Regularly required to talk and hear and occasionally required to smell.
- Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance, climb stairs and ladders, work at heights and in environments with temperature ranges both while working outside and inside.
- Occasionally required to work around vibration or noise as well as dust.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision color vision and depth perception.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.