This position is in support of the Inter-continental Ballistic Missile Flight Test Termination and Telemetry program for the System Engineering Integration and Test Integrated Product Team.
- Resolves complex issues on critical programs related to architectural approaches, requirements, specifications and design.
- Leads technical aspect of proposal preparation.
- Identifies critical performance measures and develops processes for computing them.
- Leads activities in support of Supplier Management with make/buy recommendations and other technical services.
- Coordinates engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product
- Develops new concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
- Recommends and manages technology insertion.
- Works under consultative direction.
Customer Focus - Provides enterprise level modeling for making customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains productive, high-level customer relationships as they relate to complex and large scale projects; actively seeks information to understand customers' circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs; presents project level information to senior level customers to build their understanding of issues and capabilities; considers how complex project level decisions/actions/plans will affect customers; responds quickly to meet significant customer needs and resolve complex problems; provides enterprise level thought leadership on monitoring and evaluating customer concerns, issues, and satisfaction and to anticipate customer needs; sets up customer feedback systems to gauge customer satisfaction and makes adjustments to service as indicated by feedback.
Building A Successful Team - Proactively ensures that the purpose and importance of the team are clarified (e.g., team has a clear charter or mission statement); designs and guides the setting of specific and measurable team goals and objectives. Clarifies roles and responsibilities of team members; helps ensure that necessary steering, review, or support functions are in place.
Project Management - Recognized industry expertise in creating comprehensive multi-tiered project schedules for extremely complicated and significant projects.
Collaboration - Functions as an enterprise role model in working effectively and cooperatively with other fellow senior team leaders, executives, senior managers and internal employees; establishes and maintains good working relationships by actively involving fellow team leaders and senior managers and helping them feel valued, appreciated, and included in discussions.
Communication - Consistently and proactively clarifies purpose and importance; stresses major points; follows a logical sequence. Widely recognized as an enterprise wide expert in consistently keeping the audience thoroughly engaged through use of techniques such as analogies, illustrations, humor, an appealing style, body language, and voice inflection.
Systems Thinking - Provides industry recognized expertise in evaluating job tasks and processes related to program/project objective(s); identifies non-value-added components and barriers. Expertly formulates complex change strategies; adeptly involves others to evaluate options for change and encourage buy-in.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Missiles and Weapon Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Typical Education & Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's 20 or more years' experience, Master's with 18 or more years' experience or PhD with 15 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- 10 or more years of experience with Guidance, Navigation and Control systems
- Experience with missile flight test
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in USAF Nuclear Weapon Center processes, instructions and guides a plus.
- Experience working with the AF Instruction (AFI) 99-103, Capabilities-Based Test and Evaluation or ICBMSD Operating Instruction (OI) 99-103 Test and Evaluation?