The purpose of the Chief Engineer is to direct the resort maintenance/technical and public area staff to effectively maintain all resort facilities/equipment/property. The Chief Engineer is responsible for maintaining proper working relations within the department and with other operating departments on property and for providing outstanding guest satisfaction.
• Ensure all maintenance and public area SOP's are being followed as outlined in the SOP manual.
• Accountable for the safe and efficient maintenance of the resort through proper supervision and management of maintenance, technical and public area staff.
• Assist as required in solving complex maintenance problems.
• Direct the implementation of maintenance plans with consideration to operational and budgetary constraints.
• Schedule and perform routine/preventive/emergency maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment.
• Work with other department managers to schedule and co-ordinate inspections and repairs.
• Responsible for the hiring, training and supervision of maintenance staff.
• Responsible for supervising overall activities of maintenance and public area staff, including employee development through training, performance evaluations, and salary administration.
• Organize and hold monthly department meetings.
• Develop, implement, and monitor all maintenance policies and procedures, inspections and schedules, and maintain logs and reports.
• Manage and achieve all areas of budgets by implementing proper cost controls i.e.: purchase orders/inventory, reviews/bids, etc.
• Establish both short and long term budgets and forecasts for maintenance. Display sound judgement in regards to managing cost control measures.
• Provide outstanding guest satisfaction and courteous cooperation with fellow associates in all departments.
4-year college degree and/or comparable industry experience and/or Technical Trade School education
8+ years Maintenance Industry/Hospitality experience. 6 years in a leadership capacity for a 700+ keys facility with 80% seasonal occupancy, multiple buildings and complex mechanical equipment.
Oversight responsibility for a department of 50 or more mechanics and support staff.