Job Summary: L-3 Mustang Technology has an opening for a Chief Engineer, supporting our Advanced Programs Business Area, who will be responsible for advanced radar and weapon system development. Major Responsibilities/Activities Statements:
- Specific experience leading engineering design teams on advanced development programs
- System design synthesis of complex electronic systems
- Front-end systems engineering to include analysis, modeling and simulation, and system level performance prediction
- Ability to effectively communicate with and manage customers
- Radar system synthesis and conceptualization in a design-to-cost environment
- Radar performance prediction in benign, cluttered and EA environment
- Radar requirements definition, flow down and traceability
- Radar system trade studies such as waveform, frequency, antenna configuration, phase noise, etc.
- Prescribe the integration and test steps necessary to bring up and verify radar performance, to include detailed test planning and writing test software requirements
- Customer and sub-contractor interface
- Direct activities of integrated product team
- Generate proposals and white papers to generate new business
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements: Required Experience:
- 10-15 years’ relevant experience in radar system requirements development, analysis, design, integration, verification and test.
- Strong RF background with a working knowledge of electronic scanned antennas, receivers, exciters and digital signal processing is desired.
- Ability to derive and decompose radar requirements including dynamic range, phase noise, and sensitivity
- Understanding of EVMS metrics
- Design-to-Cost development
- Matlab or Python
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
- U.S. Citizenship
- Existing DoD clearance with current 5-year update
- Ability to obtain any additional clearances as required
- Millimeter wave radar
- Radar seeker design and analysis
- Radar Captive Flight Test
- Radar bring up
- Radar system simulation and modeling
Educational Requirements: Physical Requirements:
- BSEE or equivalent required. Advanced degreedesired.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 20%