SEI, a leader in adult education with a mission to improve the social, career and economic ROI of our students, is committed to hire a Chief Diversity Officer to lead the overall diversity, equity and inclusion strategy at SEI. This role will be a key member of the executive leadership team reporting directly to the CEO. The Chief Diversity Officer will lead the overall DEI strategies from conception, development, and implementation of those strategies across the company.
To be successful in this role, the applicant will have previous experience charting a multi-year roadmap on DEI, defining organizational resources required to implement the roadmap and leading successful diversity and inclusion initiatives in a large corporate setting.
This role requires a proven diversity leader with experience leading successful diversity and inclusion initiatives in a corporate setting. Exposure in a fast-paced, Innovative organization is beneficial.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as a key member of the executive leadership team, providing guidance and advice to the CEO, CHRO and top leadership team.
- Conduct an ongoing assessment to drive action planning, reporting and implementation to enhance the employee experience and leadership effectiveness.
- Develop and implement innovative ideas and creative solutions from data driven decision insights. Measure progress and results with KPIs. Report progress pertaining to organization development activities and diversity initiatives.
- Outline DEI goals for SEI and lead the DEI Strategy by designing and delivering solutions, products and tools that are effective and provide value.
- Develop recommendations to ensure a healthy and collaborative work environment that encourages and supports engagement, development and diversity for faculty, staff, and leadership
- Collaborate with the CEO’s Council on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (CDEI) and the DEI Program Managers to generate action and awareness throughout the organization
- Serve as the Brand Ambassador and Subject matter expert in the market place who connects with and understands external diverse communities. Align our DEI objectives with our corporate social responsibility commitments to engage our community.
- Provide leadership to the various Employee Network Groups and also the Council on Diversity Equity and Inclusion to maximize contribution to business goals and objectives.
- Partner with HR Business Partners to develop integrated DEI plans to achieve business results.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to build a robust diverse talent attraction and recruitment strategy.
- Serve as a change agent, spearheading diversity & inclusion agenda in partnership with Executive leadership team, staff, DEI Program Managers and the CEO’s Council on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- Create and manage appropriate metrics to measure, analyze, and report progress pertaining to organization development activities and diversity initiatives.
- Partner with HR in the development and coordination of the Organization Talent Review process, with a focus on DEI to build leadership pipeline for critical roles across SEI through the design and implementation of new strategies to accelerate development (readiness and fitness) of high potential talent.
- Provide guidance to University leadership in documenting adherence to institutional and specialized accreditation standards regarding diversity. Collaborate with our Universities to build greater social inclusion into our learning environments.
Education And Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience, which includes at least 5 years of leading and implementing diversity and inclusion programs in complex organizations.
- A track record of partnering & influencing with, and serving as a strategic partner to, all levels and functions of a global company, including the CHRO, CEO and other executive leaders.
- A disciplined, data-oriented, analytical leader who possesses business intelligence that is equally as strong as their emotional intelligence.
- Proven track record in developing customized, innovative diversity solutions to meet business challenges.
- BS/BA, Organizational Psychology or relevant business experience. Masters preferred.
Skills And Abilities
- Inspirational leader who will embrace bold, meaningful, and systemic change.
- Aptitude to diagnose key issues and develop cogent strategies and plans.
- Superior change management capabilities with effective relationship building skills across the organization.
- Strong ability to adapt to changing business dynamics
- Strategic thinking and decision-making skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and a customer-focused mindset are essential.
- Ability to articulate vision and direction, communicate effectively and manage and measure team performance and accountability.
- Ability to implement corporate change strategies in partnership with senior leaders across diverse functions.
- Working knowledge of principles involved in cultural relativism and cross cultural communication.