Who You’ll Be Working With:
Evolent Health is looking for a Chief Diversity Officer to oversee all Evolent’s diversity, inclusion, equity and social responsibility efforts. The Chief Diversity Officer will report directly to Evolent’s CEO. This is a great opportunity for someone with passion for social change to design, drive and champion these efforts within a mission-driven, fast-growing public company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide strong leadership in leading overall Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Social Responsibility (DEI&S) strategy and execution for the company. Key focus areas should include:
- Hiring & Promotion Equity
- Engagement & Retention
- Culture & Values
- Learning, Development & Representation
- Transparency & Communication
- Diversified partnerships: Supplier procurement, internal speakerships, etc.
- Corporate social responsibility efforts for partners and shareholders
- Direct senior leadership on the company’s approach.
- Establish annual metrics and continuously monitor performance against them.
- Navigate cross-functional partnerships with Evolent Talent, P&L leaders, Marketing & Communications, and others, to execute on DEI&S strategy.
- Evaluate current clinical models of care to ensure health equity across partners and populations.
- Partner with executive sponsors of Evolent Business Resource Groups (BRGs) to align their initiatives with broader DEI&S strategy.
- Encourage intersectional approaches to create holistic and inclusive programs and policies.
- In partnership with BRGs, set and manage overall calendar and execute on plans to recognize / celebrate our diverse workforce (e.g., Black History Month, PRIDE month, etc.)
- Create and connect with employees on DEI&S topics – be a safe space.
- Be external voice and ambassador of Evolent on DEI&S.
- Manage EVH corporate responsibility efforts.
- Philanthropy – drive fundraising efforts and manage process to select and distribute funds to target organizations.
- Volunteerism – Management of Season of Giving. Promote consistent volunteerism and usage of allotted volunteer days throughout the year.
- Grad degree with emphasis on DEI&S background
- 4-6 prior years of experience in the field
- Experience developing and implementing evidence-based tools and strategies
- Proven history of driving enterprise-level results in partnership with others
- Relentless desire to excel in and surpass the needs of both internal and external clients
- Enjoy challenges, excellent ability to grasp new concepts; avid learner
- Ability to train, mentor and motivate team members; a strong people leader
- Superior ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong people and process management skills
- Role model of confidentiality and integrity for all levels in the organization
- Proven history of building strong influential relationships across varying levels in organization