If you are an innovator, persuasive communicator, coach and mentor, collaborator, unifier and overall dynamic individual, this leadership opportunity could be right for you.
FleishmanHillard is seeking an enthusiastic change agent to help us continue our journey to become the most inclusive global communications agency. The Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer will lead FH's business objectives related to diversity, equity and inclusion, with a goal of embedding DE&I at the heart of the organization. Internally, this highly visible role will leverage DE&I expertise to develop strategic global programs and practices that will attract, develop, and retain a diverse workforce, as well as foster an environment of equity and inclusion where all employees are respected and valued. This position will also collaborate and advise on the ongoing development and evolution of True MOSAIC, an FH capability specifically created to provide DE&I counsel and expertise to clients. The CDIO will have a dual reporting relationship to the CEO and COO of the organization.
At FleishmanHillard, we embrace challenges, think boldly, trust each other, and harness our talented worldwide network to provide the best in class counsel to our roster of remarkable global clients. Are you ready to join the team?
We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Serve as an influential and ambitious leader to implement groundbreaking DE&I strategies and solutions that become our agency DNA across all aspects of FleishmanHillard’s business.
- Working in partnership with a global DE&I leadership team, assess vulnerabilities and opportunities to inform and manage the firm’s global diversity, equity and inclusion plan and budget
- Partner with leaders of the FleishmanHillard business strategy areas to embed DE&I in the launch and execution plans for each strategy area
- Lead a team of DE&I-focused colleagues (Diversity Leadership Team, Diversity Champions) in the execution of FH’s global DE&I plan
- Incorporate global perspectives to implement DE&I initiatives and programs at global scale
- Establish appropriate measurement and metrics to assess the effectiveness of DE&I programs and initiatives; analyze results and develop related appropriate recommendations
- Develop a strategic thought leadership approach to articulate FH insights and POV on diversity, equity and inclusion for both internal and external audiences
- Maintain and seek partnerships to enhance and further FH’s DE&I strategy
- Regularly update CEO and COO on plan progress, opportunities, challenges and milestones
- Manage all internal DE&I communications for the firm, keeping employees informed of progress and the firm’s ongoing commitment
- Champion and establish personal accountability across the organization for the firm’s progress against our DE&I objectives
- Act as executive sponsor and leadership champion for diverse colleagues across the global network including career development and career pathing
- Lead the development and promotion of FH’s DE&I employment brand
- Provide input and design on DE&I training and development for global workforce
- Establish and provide oversight for Employee Resource Groups (ERG) to ensure strategic alignment and tangible support; participate in the Inclusion Network to help leverage solutions across all ERGs
- Coordinate with and contribute to Omnicom-wide DE&I strategy and initiatives
- Represent FH within the communications industry and beyond to grow our reputation as an employer of choice for diverse talent and spearhead outreach efforts
- Accelerate the transformative work underway with FH True MOSAIC and elevate the profile of FleishmanHillard as a partner for clients in this area
- Partner with True MOSAIC counselors to provide timely counsel, strategies, and expertise to clients and client teams to move DE&I to the center of the corporate reputation agenda
- Collaborate with other FleishmanHillard practices and sectors to increase opportunities to integrate DE&I across the organization
- Work in partnership with leadership to align DE&I efforts with all agency communications, influencer engagement, and other marketing efforts
- Develop engaging and effective written materials, including planning documents and executive communications, and guide high level client DE&I communications and presentations
- Stay abreast of external trends and best practices in DE&I that will apply both internally to employees and to FH’s external relationships with clients, vendors, potential job applicants, and our communities
- As a thought leader, provide FH’s Point of View and position on DE&I to key stakeholders including industry groups and media
- Work in partnership with Omnicom Public Relations Group, Omnicom and across Omnicom agencies to advance the DE&I objectives for FleishmanHillard and Omnicom.
What You Receive
- Mentorship, guidance, and strong leadership from COO and CEO, and operational and financial support from senior leadership team
- Support from our cross functional executive leadership team which includes members of the FH Leadership Cabinet
- Established DE&I groups within the organization, including the Diversity Leadership Taskforce, True MOSAIC counselors, FH Diversity Champions, and FH4Inclusion Ambassadors
- Opportunities to develop integrated programs with other Omnicom agencies and to take advantage of its training and leadership development curriculum
- 10 - 12+ years’ experience in the areas of influence, change leadership or diversity, equity and inclusion strategy with a track record of building and implementing successful programs to dispersed and varied employee groups
- Strong experience in advising C-Suite clients on diversity, equity and inclusion communications initiatives, and leading programs from concept to completion
- Experience planning and leading global programs at scale, and established point of view on the intersection of US and global DE&I initiatives and programs
- Bold thinker with a portfolio of high-impact initiatives that disrupt the status quo to bring about meaningful and sustained organizational change
- Demonstrated success leading through influence, inspiration and motivation, with the ability to leverage relationships and interpersonal skills to drive for results. Experience in a matrixed environment is highly preferred
- Ability to establish and address priorities in a constantly moving environment. Strong self-starter tendencies with the ability to be flexible and decisive and adaptive to changing situations. The successful candidate will be able to make decisions, communicate clearly and promote confidence and trust – even in the midst of multiple distractions and time demands.
- Success integrating functional initiatives with organizational business strategies
- The ideal candidate must be a skillful writer and a persuasive presenter who speaks effectively in a broad range of situations, including one-on-one conversations, client meetings, internal meetings and community forums
- Experience designing high quality DE&I learning and awareness programs
- Demonstrated ability to interpret quantitative/qualitative data
- Growth mindset with adaptability, critical thinking and creativity
- Collaborative/team player with ability to structure mutually beneficial partnerships
- Ability to take personal responsibility and ownership for delivering on organizational commitments
- Strong business acumen and ability to manage to established metrics