CHIEF DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Top 5 Must Haves for the Ideal Candidate:
1. Ten (10) years of successful nonprofit fundraising/development.
2. Ten (10) years of senior-level management experience, with a track record of effective team building and people development.
3. Strong knowledge/experience across all type of fundraising, with specific expertise/success in Corporate and Major Gifts.
4. Experience launching NEW programs/territories in fundraising.
5. Technologically savvy – very strong in leveraging CRMs (ideally Salesforce) to segment donors/giving levels.
Role Summary: Reporting to the President & CEO, the Chief Development Officer role is an exciting opportunity to build and evolve the Development Team, fundraising efforts and volunteer programs. This role is responsible for generating and significantly growing all revenue streams as well as providing strategic guidance, developing resources and implementing system wide programs to support and strengthen the organization's network. Serving as a member of the Executive Team, this person will collaborate with and stretch the entire Executive Team, Board of Directors and Development Team to cultivate new and existing relationships that build a strong revenue pipeline, ensure good systems and processes are in place across the organization and support the organization's mission and vision.
The Chief Development Officer is directly responsible for planning and implementing strategies to secure donors and contributions in support of the organization, providing oversight of the fund development program, monitoring development activities, and addressing issues that may hamper growth and success.
• Develop and implement plans that engage the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Board of Directors, Advisory Council and volunteer support groups in the development strategy.
• In conjunction with the President & CEO and team members, set annual goals for the Development Department and ensure goals are met according to established timelines.
• Create an organizational structure and processes for the Development Department that will best execute the development strategy.
• Facilitate Board Members' fundraising efforts by establishing relationships with key donors and prospects and facilitate the President & CEO's relationships to increase giving.
• Serve as the chief fund development officer, cultivating and stewarding current supporters while identifying potential new sources of funding for programs and overseeing the full development portfolio.
A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate.
Valid through: 10/8/2020