This position establishes and directs fundraising activities though out the Arizona region. This position cultivates both internal and external relationships in order to implement significant fundraising goals of at least $5 million. Provides leadership, training, and support to peers, management, physicians, philanthropic council members, affinity groups and community volunteers to implement established goals and objectives. Personally identifies prospects and solicits planned gifts, additionally working with peers to provide added expertise to more complex gift agreements.
- Participates, as part of the Foundation management team, in the development and evaluation of long/short-term strategic plans to provide vision and direction for all aspects of fund-raising programs, including continuous prospect identification, qualification, coordination, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of all prospects to support the organizations overall mission.
- Determines and tracks annual individual and collective fundraising goals for Foundation. Evaluate efficacy of strategy with the ability to shift functions midterm to assure goal.
- Works with facility leadership to identify and determine programs and initiatives for philanthropic investment, with a bias to transformational giving.
- Provides focused site-based fundraising leadership, including personal solicitation of philanthropic gifts that benefit Banner Health. Researches and assesses donor/funder potential for assigned facility/community/service line to establish appropriate fundraising goals.
- Identifies prospects and solicits gifts from individual, major prospects including corporations and foundations in the community and nationally. Serves as a highly visible representative of the organization and establishes and maintains strong social and professional relationships with key community members and foundation leaders in order to maximize funding opportunities.
- Develops and implements innovative engagement and stewardship techniques to create a climate conducive to new and sustained giving in order to increase the number of planned and blended gifts. Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Knowledge of business management or related area as normally acquired through the completion of a bachelors degree.
Skill level as typically achieved through eight years of major gifts funding, with demonstrated success working with senior-level community leaders, corporations, businesses and foundations. Demonstrated experience in donor retention and upgrade programs. Previous experience in team leadership and program management and familiarity with fundraising software to track prospects and measure progress against goals.
Masters degree. Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification. Prior experience in raising funds for research, medical education, and/or Centers of Excellence. Familiarity with healthcare and hospital operations. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Job Number 223886